starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turning 30, time to get strong....

Default Turning 30, time to get strong....

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just finished week 7. I ran out of notebook paper, so why not start logging here. Saving the trees one workout at a time. I'm on a Tu/Th/Sa split. Here's my progress:

5'10
    BW: 160 > 185
    Squat: 160 > 250
    Bench: 130 > 182.5
    Press: 85 > 112.5
    Deadlift: 200 > 305
    Power Clean 95 > 105 - I was just able to get around to buying bumpers a couple of weeks ago. It took a couple of workouts to get comfortable enough with my form to start increasing the weight. Moving up in 5 pound increments now.

Today's workout:

Squat - 250 - 3x5
    Bench - 182.5 - 3x5
    PC - 105 - 5x3

Squat form could have been tighter today. I came loose at the bottom for a few reps during the 2nd set. Bar path got wonky. It was a real struggle getting all 5 reps. The 3rd set felt awesome. Stayed tight and got a really nice bounce out of the bottom. I felt exponentially more explosive than the last few squat sessions. For my squats, I tend to notice 1 or 2 things (sometimes more on a bad day) that I could do more efficiently from a technique perspective. Today it was really focusing on staying tight at the bottom and being more explosive out of the bounce. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Pretty good progress for seven weeks. What is you height?

I'm 5'10. I do have some previous lifting experience from my late teens though it was mostly bench-centric. The last two weeks, these squats have gone from cool and fun to the most mentally and physically taxing things that I have ever done. Loving the challenge.

Impressive progress - great job!

Welcome aboard the boards. You'll fit in just fine with the rest of the reformed bench bro's. Good work so far, keep it up!

02/10/15

I felt really strong and in sync today. Everything was clicking. Weighed in just shy of 186. Bar speed was a bit slow on the squats, and my hips got a little too low on my last deadlift rep. However, that's about all that I noticed. Here is the workout. Until Thursday...

Sets x reps
    Squat: 255 - 3x5
    Press: 115 - 3x5
    Deadlift: 315 - 1x5

02/12/15

Another workout in the books. Made a 10 pound jump on power cleans. They still felt really easy, but I will probably stick with 5 pound jumps in the future so I can continue to work on technique.

Sets x reps
    Squat: 260 - 3x5
    Bench: 185 - 3x5
    Power Clean: 115 - 5x3

Until Saturday....

Forgot to say BW this morning was 186.7

I weighed in this morning at 185.2. Not sure what the cause of the weight fluctuation is. Caloric intake is around 4700-5000 daily. Could be anything really. I had a great workout today though. However, the flu is all around me. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that I don't come down with it. Also, I will probably throw in a light squat day within the next couple of weeks.

Sets x Reps
    Squat: 265 - 3x5
    Press: 117.5 - 3x5
    Deadlift: 325 - 1x5

Until Tuesday...

starting strength coach development program
    Sounds like a great day. Good job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast