starting strength gym
Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bingley's Bumbling Along

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    aol? it's not 'info@bestbelts.net' ?

edit: ah, i see the aol address on their site, the above is what they used to contact me.

who the hell still uses aol? lol
    I wondered about the AOL address as well, but it is stated on the website as well as with PayPal. I'll try the one you posted though, thanks!

Tues 3/31/15 light day
    SQ 185 3x5
    OHP 85 2x5, 95 1x5
    Pend Row 85 3x5

kind of a blah day, my legs felt like toll house cookie dough on the squats, a slight twinge in the back on the OHP at 95, and oh shit I am a dumbass. the Pendlays felt felt really heavy because I was doing 125 instead of the 85 I thought lol, so i did 125 3x5 hahaha well i'll be sore tomorrow

math is hard...

Good job at keeping with it.

i'm just so stupid, sometimes i look at the weights on the bar and i just for the life of me can not figure out how much is on there; the geezer brain just spins. last night i had 15lb full size plates on either side for the pendlays, so 15x2=30+45 for the bar 75 no problem. the i said well let me add a little so i added a 25lb plate, so in my pea brain it decided that 15+25=40 plus the 45 for the bar is 85. i completely forgot to add in the 40lbs hanging 6 feet away on the other end of the bar, and i'm like damn i am weak tonight.

i must have been dropped a lot as a kid.

When you have most of your blood circulating in the glutes, quads and hammies, there's less left for the head. After some embarrassing math-fails I started tracking weights in lb on one side of the bar and do the math later. Start with 0, then 45, etc. ...

Thurs 4/2/15 med day

took an early bus which of course got stuck in traffic at the Holland Tunnel so I ended up getting home later than I normally do, so no time to get a workout in before church. And woke up this morning with a crick in the back so decided better safe than sorry.

so i made myself a caipirinha and hereby declare Winter is Over

That drink sounds delicious. 2 plates tomorrow?

that's the plan for sunday! squeezing in the hvy workout after church and before brunch!

Sat 4/4/15 hvy day
    SQ 225 3x5 pr
    BP 120 2x5
    DL 225 1x5 pr

the more i thought about trying to squeeze in a heavy workout tomorrow between church and brunch the worse it sounded so i decided to go today. very glad i did. gym was surprisingly empty; i guess folks had a lot of yard work they could finally get to. it felt very good putting that second plate on and when i got under it i really didnt have the fear that i had 6 months ago. the reps went well and i never had any doubts about making it up out of the hole. BP would have been a pr if I could have made the 3rd set but the arms were getting way too noodly. the deadlifts went pretty well too, again it feels great to get that second plate on! woohoo!

starting strength coach development program
    Awesome work, Mr. Bingley! Big milestone on squat and DL! I'm with you on the start of spring - finally it's getting warmer in NJ!

Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast