starting strength gym
Page 58 of 335 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Bingley's Bumbling Along

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Be careful with those knees. I had to google to find out what a Reuben was, is it the sauerkraut that makes it difficult to lift afterwards?
    I would think the additional gas would provide some kind of upward force to propel you out of the hole in squats and dl. Not good for bench as you are likely to lift your butt up

Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    I would think the additional gas would provide some kind of upward force to propel you out of the hole in squats and dl. Not good for bench as you are likely to lift your butt up
    dang, i should have tapped into that!

It's rather dangerous on the DL because of the forward momentum imparted by sudden horizontal propulsion. It is, however, the secret to Press 2.0 - but you have to time it before your rebound. DAMHIKT.

Sorry about the knee.

sat 2/6/16

so spent the morning in the Principal's Loft getting my sorry ass properly chastised with Adam working on moving me from High bar to low bar squating. Took a loooooooooong time for me to get even the vaguest feel for the correct position, but maybe schmaybe by the end I kind of sort of have a clue. We agreed I needed a good deload to work on the low bar position, so that's what I'll do. Spent a long time on that Spawn of Satan the OHP and I feel much better about the technique. Did some SGDL and will start working them into my workouts, and finished up doing some deads for dessert, as my technique needed work there too. It was just about exactly 1 year to the day from my last visit to the Loft, and while I'm very happy with my progress I have left some bad sloppy habits slip in, so I needed the correction. Now I need a beer.

Enjoy The beer

oh no doubt I will, thanks Derf!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    sat 2/6/16

so spent the morning in the Principal's Loft getting my sorry ass properly chastised with Adam working on moving me from High bar to low bar squating. Took a loooooooooong time for me to get even the vaguest feel for the correct position, but maybe schmaybe by the end I kind of sort of have a clue. We agreed I needed a good deload to work on the low bar position, so that's what I'll do. Spent a long time on that Spawn of Satan the OHP and I feel much better about the technique. Did some SGDL and will start working them into my workouts, and finished up doing some deads for dessert, as my technique needed work there too. It was just about exactly 1 year to the day from my last visit to the Loft, and while I'm very happy with my progress I have left some bad sloppy habits slip in, so I needed the correction. Now I need a beer.
    I converted to LBS about 13 weeks ago so I appreciate the frustration. My conversion is complete though I still feel the need to tweek a few things but I will always think that..lol

after 13 weeks of torturing my shoulders in order to get the fucking bar in position, JOrdan has programmed this week 2 HBS sessions. He has a weird sense of humor.
    Keep at it, its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    sat 2/6/16

You deserved that beer. Good work, you've made great progress and I have high hopes for your transition to low bar and future gainzzz!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    You deserved that beer.
    well by 'a beer' I meant 5 or 6.

Math is hard!