starting strength gym
Page 59 of 335 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Bingley's Bumbling Along

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    If you have one beer it's easy to end up having a few more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    sat 2/6/16

so spent the morning in the Principal's Loft getting my sorry ass properly chastised with Adam working on moving me from High bar to low bar squating. Took a loooooooooong time for me to get even the vaguest feel for the correct position, but maybe schmaybe by the end I kind of sort of have a clue. We agreed I needed a good deload to work on the low bar position, so that's what I'll do. Spent a long time on that Spawn of Satan the OHP and I feel much better about the technique. Did some SGDL and will start working them into my workouts, and finished up doing some deads for dessert, as my technique needed work there too. It was just about exactly 1 year to the day from my last visit to the Loft, and while I'm very happy with my progress I have left some bad sloppy habits slip in, so I needed the correction. Now I need a beer.
    Glad about the deload and reset, gives me some breathing room. I need to get to the FlabLab and have Gilchrest yell at me. Maybe when it warms up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianInTraining View Post
    Glad about the deload and reset, gives me some breathing room. I need to get to the FlabLab and have Gilchrest yell at me. Maybe when it warms up a little.
    i am THIS close to you!!

i am THIS close to you!!

lol, lurve that cartoon!

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    If you have one beer it's easy to end up having a few more!
    Volume and intensity regulation is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Volume and intensity regulation is important.
    I usually pyramid my 16 oz curls down, with a pause at the top of the ROM while reducing the intensity to less-then-maximal. I find it helps the relevant muscles to fire better.

Drop sets to failure always works for me.

tues 2/9/16 light day i swears
    SQ 45 1x10, 135 1x5, 185 3x5
    OHP 55 1x10, 65 1x10, 75 3x5
    Pause DL 135 1x5, 185 3x5
    Krocs 40 1x15, 45 1x15

still not exactly sure where i should be placing this bar in the low bar position, but i figured that if the spot i was placing it was sore as hell then that probably was the right spot from Saturday's visit to the Principal's Loft. the last set at 185 actually felt pretty dammed good and popped up out of the hole nicely. OHPs were still a work in progress; i felt good about the pelvic thrust until i actually held the bar in my hand. Pause deads were a bear, especially since I do a double pause, both on the way up and on the way down. Good stuff though, I think these will help my deads a ton. Krocs were like dessert...

starting strength coach development program
    tues 2/9/16 light day i swears
    SQ 45 1x10, 135 1x5, 185 3x5
    OHP 55 1x10, 65 1x10, 75 3x5
    Pause DL 135 1x5, 185 3x5
    Krocs 40 1x15, 45 1x15

still not exactly sure where i should be placing this bar in the low bar position, but i figured that if the spot i was placing it was sore as hell then that probably was the right spot from Saturday's visit to the Principal's Loft. the last set at 185 actually felt pretty dammed good and popped up out of the hole nicely. OHPs were still a work in progress; i felt good about the pelvic thrust until i actually held the bar in my hand. Pause deads were a bear, especially since I do a double pause, both on the way up and on the way down. Good stuff though, I think these will help my deads a ton. Krocs were like dessert...
    That ole pelvic thrust has been a major bugaboo even since high school.