• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    tues 2/16/16
    SQ 45 1x10, 135 1x5, 185 1x5, 200 3x5
    OHP 55 1x10, 65 1x10, 85 3x5
    PDL 135 1x5, 225 3x5
    Krocs 45 1x15

slowly chuggin along on the LBBS Reset Express. funny, still don't feel like I've found the right spot on the warmups but once again it clicks for the work sets. still not happy with my wrist position though, have to find some spot that takes the pressure off that tendon. OHP still a work in progress. With no bar I feel like I get the 2.0 motion; with the bar it just don't happen

Paused deads were a bear, as I jumped like a total maroon from 185 last week to 225 this week and holy SHIT was it tough. really plum tuckered me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    slowly chuggin along on the LBBS Reset Express. funny, still don't feel like I've found the right spot on the warmups but once again it clicks for the work sets. still not happy with my wrist position though, have to find some spot that takes the pressure off that tendon.
    Good on you bro. You're not alone in warmup dial-in land. And I reckon don't get hung up on how far in/out your hands are (if that's the drama). If it stays on your back without you having to mangle any part of you from your shoulders out to your wrists then it's working.

Seems like you have that pelvic thrust down pat.

Guns are good - you'll get 365 soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    Good on you bro. You're not alone in warmup dial-in land. And I reckon don't get hung up on how far in/out your hands are (if that's the drama). If it stays on your back without you having to mangle any part of you from your shoulders out to your wrists then it's working.
    thanks toast! i'm just nervous about finding a position where my right wrist doesn't feel pinched; i just got over a loooong bout of tendonitis there and have no desire for a repeat I'll play around with different grips

Quote Originally Posted by Derf123 View Post
    Guns are good - you'll get 365 soon enough.
    thanks derf! i'll give it another try this week...

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    Seems like you have that pelvic thrust down pat.
    oh it's perfect until you add the bar!

thurs 2/18/16
    SQ 45 1x10, 135 1x5, 185 1x5, 205 3x5

holy shit was i pissed when I got to the gym. I had an early evening meeting i had to go to so i left work an hour early to give me time to work out...and promptly got stuck in a traffic jam at the Holland Tunnel leaving the city that cost me nearly 45 minutes. I basically had 15 minutes to to work out, i was this close to bagging the whole idea but figured i should burn off some of my anger before the meeting (and as i was part of a team conducting a job interview at my church i figured that would probably be a good idea lol) so i slammed through the squats.

Speed Squatting, all the Cool Kids are doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    thurs 2/18/16
    SQ 45 1x10, 135 1x5, 185 1x5, 205 3x5

holy shit was i pissed when I got to the gym. I had an early evening meeting i had to go to so i left work an hour early to give me time to work out...and promptly got stuck in a traffic jam at the Holland Tunnel leaving the city that cost me nearly 45 minutes. I basically had 15 minutes to to work out, i was this close to bagging the whole idea but figured i should burn off some of my anger before the meeting (and as i was part of a team conducting a job interview at my church i figured that would probably be a good idea lol) so i slammed through the squats.

Speed Squatting, all the Cool Kids are doing it.
    lol....I really do not admire the challenges you face with putting in a long day of work, commuting than training. I'm in my NY office next Tuesday, Lexington and 51st. Maybe we can meet up for lunch.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by lou t View Post
    lol....I really do not admire the challenges you face with putting in a long day of work, commuting than training. I'm in my NY office next Tuesday, Lexington and 51st. Maybe we can meet up for lunch.
    I'll have to take a rain check lou, I'm travelling all next week. I work downtown, but I'm very close to a Lex Line stop so to get up to 51st is very easy (I do it all the time actually, as I frequently have stuff to do at 55E 52nd) so definitely let me know the next time you're up there!