starting strength gym
Page 7 of 335 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Bingley's Bumbling Along

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    nothing like deadlifting weight that used to scare you as a burn off steam lift to feel like a badass.

Belated congrats on 225, nice work!

hahaha that's true Cimm...and what a damn good feeling!

Thanks Mark!

Thurs 4/9/15 med day
    SQ 205 3x5
    DBP 90 1x10, 100 1x10

Thurs are getting a little tougher as my Bride and I have gotten into the habit of going to a bar in the Highlands on Weds night to play trivia and drink beer until past my usual bedtime, but damn it's fun so bummer. As a result legs felt tired on the squats but holy shit, I'm doing a full 3x5 set at 205 as a medium day; that feels great. In December when I first (ill-advisedly) tried to squat 205 it scared the living shit out of me and it felt like it was going to crush me into the ground, and now I'm like, what evs. Sure, I've only done 225 but mentally that makes 205 feel like nothing. And that's pretty damned cool.
    DB presses continue to be as mediocre as my overhead presses and bench presses; they just ain't my thang.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    And that's pretty damned cool.
    It is, isn't it?

You're kicking ass, man. Keep it up and keep hitting trivia with your bride - happy wife, happy life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    Thurs are getting a little tougher as my Bride and I have gotten into the habit of going to a bar in the Highlands on Weds night to play trivia and drink beer until past my usual bedtime, but damn it's fun so bummer.
    Having fun with the wife is two thirds of the reason to get strong anyhow! Good job getting the workout in.

Sun 4/12/15 hvy day
    SQ 235 1x5
    BP 120 3x5 pr
    DL 235 1x5 pr

I was wondering how today would go because yesterday I was lucky enough to sneak out and play 18 holes of golf, and I was able to walk it. Woke up fairly stiff and actually broke down and took two aspirin. On the SQ the walking 18 showed as my legs were really doughy and it was quite a grind to even get 5 reps done; oh well we'll do the full set next week. Was able to get the full set done on the BP at 120 which I feel good about; I've started doing some pushups on my non-workout days and that *seems* to have helped my BP. The deads went well, just I can feel the grip slipping a little so time for more squeezing the rubber ball during the week and to start bringing the chalk. Perhaps this is the week where my DL finally starts creeping ahead of the SQ. All in all a good week.

Awesome work brother. Way to stay positive and keep the course. Keep plugging away and soon the 235 will feel as easy as the 205 has become.

starting strength coach development program
    Tues 4/14/15 light day
    SQ 185 3x5, 195 1x5
    OHP 95 1x5, 3* corrected(did a set of 1x5 then only 3 on the next set then said the hell with it)
    aussie chins 2x8

just messing around really. I guess I need to get my light day up to 195 now and look a 205/215 for the medium day. And yes, I am just barely creeping up on the press and i hatehatehatehatehate it. a pox on anything involving the word 'press'. oh wells. my career as a Jersey Shore Stud Muffin has come crashing to a close before it ever began. Alas.
    Last edited by Mr. Bingley; 04-15-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Page 7 of 335 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast