Thread: Bingley's Bumbling Along

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    weds 5/4/16
    sq 45 1x10, 135 1x5, 185 1x5, 235 3x5
    dl 135 1x5, 225 1x5, 275 1x2, 225 1x1

fuck this sucks. my lower ribs on both sides feel like i been kicked by a donkey. it hurts a lot to go to depth on the sq. it's been well over a month and it still is sore. shit.
    Hey B
    as you know I am dealing with a few physical issues. So I understand the frustration. Every year something seems to breakdown. Something causes me to become derailed.

I may be facing a big shoulder and bicep tendon surgery. In addition, my left oblique has a tear that reoccurs since last year.

I have no words of wisdom for you man. I just do my best to work around injuries and try not to let it get to me. But the truth is it does.

Jordan, my coach said to me recently, I can only imagine what you can lift if you weren't always dealing with some injury. I replied, that will have to stay in my imagination, cause there may never be a time when I can see that happening. Its true. We lift heavy shit. Sooner of later something will breakdown. Intellectually I know this,, but still difficult to accept.
    Last edited by lou t; 05-05-2016 at 04:27 AM.

thanks lou, watching you just attack those squats and deads is an inspiration!

tues 5/10/16
    DL 135 1x5, 225 5x5

just wanted to get something done, so did some light deads and the ribs didn't hurt too much. did some other light weight work on silly machines but, hey, deads are all that really matter. hopefully ribs wont get too sore

Bingley, it does look like you are recovering ... that's a good amount of DL volume. Hang in there, shit's getting better.

thanks peez, the ribs don't feel that much sorer this morning...yet. they do twinge when i try and go to depth on a lbbs as i lean forward; i think if i go back to high bar they won't twinge as much. but i'll just work on deads and bench for a little while and see if they improve

Do you know what the problem with your ribs is? If it's muscular - could you starr protocol the bejeezus out of them? Is there an exercise you can do for high reps that hurts the area in a good way? So many question marks?

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    Do you know what the problem with your ribs is? If it's muscular - could you starr protocol the bejeezus out of them? Is there an exercise you can do for high reps that hurts the area in a good way? So many question marks?
    i pinched them several weeks ago on a lbbs squat where i had the belt too tight, i'm pretty sure that's what did it, so i'm going to try and do my sq and deads without the belt for a couple of weeks (lighter weight obviously) and *hope* that does the trick.

i pinched them several weeks ago on a lbbs squat where i had the belt too tight, i'm pretty sure that's what did it, so i'm going to try and do my sq and deads without the belt for a couple of weeks (lighter weight obviously) and *hope* that does the trick.
    wow that sucks. hope you feel better -- do they hurt walking around, or just wearing the belt?

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianInTraining View Post
    wow that sucks. hope you feel better -- do they hurt walking around, or just wearing the belt?
    walking around, i can't sleep on my sides, etc, luckily can still stand up at a bar

starting strength coach development program
    ... luckily can still stand up at a bar

lol, problem solved