Thread: Bingley's Bumbling Along

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Tues 6/23/15 light day
    SQ 135 1x5, 185 1x5, 235 3x5, 205 1x5
    OHP 65 1x5, 85 1x5, 105 1x5, 1x3, 85 1x8
    DL 135 1x5, 225 3x5

SQ felt decent, 235 felt more better and deeper than ever, on the backoff at 205 the old left knee felt tweaky so I only did 5. The left knee has always been one miserable sonofabitch (and it has given me far less trouble these past 5 months of SS than it ever has so PISS OFF crossfiters who say 'oh deep squats are so bad for your knees!") so not a big deal or new development. The OHPs remain a troublesome child but at least i'm creeping closer to a full set at 105 (which I think Peez did when he was 5 yrs old). I decided to do some DLs since the bar was lying there on the floor looking awfully lonely, the 3x5 at 225 came up nice and confident. And then I took my Bride to the bar at Outback and had many a brew. All in all a satisfactory day.
    Last edited by Mr. Bingley; 06-23-2015 at 07:14 PM. Reason: drunk fingers

Nice deads. Good to hear you knees are holding up and that the squat is making them better.
    I had the same problems, wrecked one knee in a motorcycle accident way back when I was young, and being an old geezer by now sure didn't help any.
    After starting SS my knees are fine.

Yeah, I ran too many miles including a couple of marathons as a kid and the knees were just beat to shit...and the intervening 30+ years haven't helped

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    Yeah, I ran too many miles including a couple of marathons as a kid and the knees were just beat to shit...and the intervening 30+ years haven't helped

hell yeah low bar squats are good knee medicine. Mine used to ache after half an hour sitting & one of them would kill me on stairs to the point I'd limp. Now they're awesome. Broke most other parts of me but knees - yay. Not that I'll ever be much of a runner again. They're not that magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    hell yeah low bar squats are good knee medicine. Mine used to ache after half an hour sitting & one of them would kill me on stairs to the point I'd limp. Now they're awesome. Broke most other parts of me but knees - yay. Not that I'll ever be much of a runner again. They're not that magical.
    I would love to be able to take up running again, but unfortunately my surgically repaired toe cannot tolerate it. But when I was running 20 miles per week, I was skinny fat. Now I look more strong-fat. What's the common denominator here? Oh yeah. BEER!

man, what a waste the last week has been. Tons and tons of shit at work and church, haven't been able to get to the gym at all. sucks.

man, what a waste the last week has been. Tons and tons of shit at work and church, haven't been able to get to the gym at all. sucks.
    Thanks for checking in, I was just about to start scanning the Jersey police blotter for reports of 50'ish men up to no good.

Wait... Chris Christie just announced his candidacy... Bingley is MIA. Coincidence?

Hahaha, nope that wasn't the reason!

Don't sweat it dude - sometimes a short break is the best thing you can do.

starting strength coach development program
    Congrats on the BP big wheels!! That deadlift too, 275! only 40lbs from 3 plates!