starting strength gym
Page 168 of 334 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 3332

Thread: Bingley's Bumbling Along

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    do they have squat racks and deadlift areas? i thought they were just yellow machines and bikes?
    Most of them do, yes! A caveat: at worst you're going to find the squat rack with the fixed rails; at best you'll find a pseudo-CrossFit area with an big Monster style monkey-bar setup or an actual power rack, likely the big Hammer Strength guy. They all have room to deadlift in. You need to go check them out, though. Most of their locations were purchases of earlier facilities so they aren't standardized. Both my brother and I have had really good luck at the almost half a dozen we've trained at over the years.

thanks, there's one fairly close that i had just written off, so i will take a look

The gym closing is a bummer,especially now that winter is setting in. Only thing I know about Retro Fitness was an article on a LI paper about 3 old guys training for PL in one of them. As Satch wrote they are all different and maybe you'll luck out . Good luck.

thanks jerry. i looked at the one near me last night and i don't think it will work for me, there's really not much of a free weight area; really they consider having a lot of dumb bells lying around to be 'free weights'. visited another place that was much better but it's a 25 minute drive which is a bit of a drag but i none the less may have to do that. there's a couple other chain gyms nearby that i will check out tonight; don't have high hopes for them but need to do the due diligence before i gird my loins to add a commute to the gym on top of my commute to work.

sigh.

You figure any thing out for a gym yet?

I go to a chain gym with 1 squat rack and some floor space that people use to deadlift, landmine attachment be damned. The owner hasn't complained yet. She actually had the squat rack put in 6 months after opening because many people complained. She wanted to get one earlier but them's the rules for that chain apparently. No upgrades for new locations before 6 months.

signed up at a new place about 25 minutes away, a drag but seemed to be best option. going there today to work out for the first time.

"there's a new kid in town..."

sun 11/12/17
    sq 45 1x10, 135 1x5, 185 1x5, 225 1x5, 270 4x5
    ohp 95 1x5, 105 2x5, 1x4
    dbrow 3x10x60

well on sundays at least the new place is great, because today i had the iron area basically to myself. it's one of the large rogue jungle-gym type racks, there's probably room for maybe 4 or 5 people to squat at once on it. there's also room for deads, and we'll see how that goes on tuesday night when i imagine they'll be a few more people there. took me 16 minutes to get home, but i hit every light and did 85 on the highway lol...can't count on that every time.

I hope it works out.for.you. I sure know.traffic.can get.to.us and make.driving.to.something we.enjoy. seem.dreadful. The squat.and.DL arrangement sounds.great.

starting strength coach development program
    Hope the new place works out for you.