starting strength gym
Page 228 of 334 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 3332

Thread: Bingley's Bumbling Along

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    What is that like? I don't believe I've ever experienced that sensation.
    well I think I jinxed myself...

Weds 1/29/20
    sq 45 1x10, 135 1x5, 245 1x5, 305 2x5, 1x4 +F

well, that was...interesting. once I get over 300 I always mentally am squishy; for some reason it's at that arbitrary point that I realize holy shit there's a lot of weight on my shoulders. so last night i'm doing the sets and the first two went ok. last one started out ok but as the reps went on the bar started inching lower, and just as I was descending on the 5th rep it broke loose. Having 305lbs falling down my back with my arms still attached to it was less than pleasant. I just fell with it into the pins, and thank god for pins or it might have ripped my arms off. called it quits as my elbows and shoulders felt stressed; I was afraid that they'd really hurt this morning but evidently the combination of many pints of Blue Moon and a sausage and pepperoni pie at Brothers is quite therapeutic. first time I've had a fail like that in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post

Weds 1/29/20

well, that was...interesting. once I get over 300 I always mentally am squishy; for some reason it's at that arbitrary point that I realize holy shit there's a lot of weight on my shoulders. so last night i'm doing the sets and the first two went ok. last one started out ok but as the reps went on the bar started inching lower, and just as I was descending on the 5th rep it broke loose. Having 305lbs falling down my back with my arms still attached to it was less than pleasant. I just fell with it into the pins, and thank god for pins or it might have ripped my arms off. called it quits as my elbows and shoulders felt stressed; I was afraid that they'd really hurt this morning but evidently the combination of many pints of Blue Moon and a sausage and pepperoni pie at Brothers is quite therapeutic. first time I've had a fail like that in a long time.
    Yikes! I'm glad the consequences weren't more serious.

I had a set of squats feel good recently -- that set where I forgot to add weight after my warmups. I wish they all felt like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Mynhier View Post
    Yikes! I'm glad the consequences weren't more serious.
    you and me both bruddah

once I get over 300 I always mentally am squishy.
    Sounds like you're a little physically squishy too. Yikes! Glad you're alright, man.

Sounds like you're a little physically squishy too.
    more than a little lol!

I hear that. Started at 185, felt terrible. Was up to 265, felt terrible. Constant stressful struggle.

Weds 1/29/20

Glad you're ok.
    You're not alone in that feeling.
    I say to myself "you're all lined up, it's just like last time".
    I approve of your "Blue Moon and Sausage" therapy.
    Make the memory fun.
    Maybe buy yourself a "but did you die?" t-shirt.
    Stay strong!
    Last edited by Cheesepuff; 02-02-2020 at 02:34 PM. Reason: being stupid

thanks CP

Mon 2/10/20
    sq 45 1x10, 135 1x5, 225 1x5, 275 2x5, 295 1x5
    ohp 95 1x5
    rp 275 3x5

first time able to get to the gym in nearly two weeks. squats were better than i expected, ohp and rp were awful, ams completely devoid of anything and on the rp my grip strength, what ever there was left, is gone; could barely hold the bar. oy.

starting strength coach development program
    I've got to get to New Jersey someday and meet you and Chad. Or maybe you will get to sub tropical Detroit and meet Sully and the gang.