Thread: Bingley's Bumbling Along

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    thanks brother

Good Luck. Our prayers are with you.
    Breath deeply.
    Speedy recovery!

Good luck Mr.B. Don't rush back too soon. Almost 20 years ago I had a TURP procedure. I started back too soon squatting and did feel where my prostate was located and pissed blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    mon 1/25/21

dl 135 1x5, 225 1x5, 275 1x5, 315 1x2, 365 1x1, 405 0x0

well that's that. 365 went up ok but I didn't give 405 a chance. Typical. Assuming my covid test comes back negative this my last session for a while, as tomorrow I'll be having my cancerous prostate removed by Mr. Robotic Surgeon. I'm guessing it will be 4+ weeks before I'm allowed to lift again, once the plumbing reconnects and they take the duct tape off, so of course I will ignore that to some extent and try sooner but, still, I get to look forward to another reset lol

see you guys on the other side
    I'll give you the lifters wish:

White Lights Mr. B!!!

Got a candle lit for you Bingley.

Hope you're recovering comfortably.

Hi Browndog, feeling much better now, thanks. They say the surgery on the 26th went well (i was knocked out lol), but man the 10 days that catheter was in were just miserable. When the nurse took it out last Friday the improvement in my sense of well being was immediate. Analysis of the prostate raised to the tumor to Stage 2, and the report said 'malignant', which is always the word you want to see, right? But at this stage they don't see any evidence that it spread beyond the prostate. I have a blood test in a couple weeks and hopefully the PSA will be on its way to zero. Plumbing-wise things seem decent, no real incontinence issues, as I did kegels before the surgery plus I think the deadlifting core strength had to help as well; the other male-centered plumbing issue takes some more time to recover, it seems. Oh, and as I think you mentioned in one of your threads, having the strong core from Rip's program has made I believe a world of difference in my recovery. The robot drilled 6 holes in my gut as it took out the prostate, but I have been able since the day after the surgery to sit up and get out of bed on my own, unassisted, and I credit the deadlifts. That has made the recovery much more bearable, and I can not wait to start lifting again.

Mr. B!!!

Glad to read that you're on the road to recovery, with minimal side effects.

When you are able to get back to training, remember this little ditty:

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.

Some days are gonna be better than others, and it might get frustrating.

Good to hear that you are up and about Mr. B. I wish you well with your rehab.

Welcome back. Do what you can when you feel up to it. Its not race!

starting strength coach development program
    You are right about that catheter. My first time was after surgery in December. I just about got used to it, not really, when they decided to pull it out. I thought I would pass out. Thankfully I did not. Then one of the gashes did not remain shut and I bled all weekend. Thankfully they got it sewed up. I'm still recovering but I am able to do the lifts so I'm partly back.
    Last edited by carson; 02-13-2021 at 08:02 AM.