starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Muntz's Log - Trying to DTP!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    hah! thanks. still not sure if I'm gonna do it. I need a lot of improvement. the more i look at video of my 310lb squat the more disgusted i get. i was excited about doing that much weight. turns out my form is just terrible.

Ok...guess everyone was right - need rest, deload or something. didnt' make my OHPs yesterday. Been really working on squat form and hip drive. Took my squat working weight way down.

Squat: 265x5x3
    OHP: 120x3x3
    Back Ext: 10x3

So, I'll try to get 180 again on bench press, and 370 on deadlift. Im pretty sure I can do the deads, curious about the bench. seems like i'm about to have to deload on anything. maybe, as an old guy i'll need to switch to 5/3/1 or something.

starting strength coach development program
    OK...2 days rest 3 workouts in a row and still failing on most stuff.
    Squat (post deload) 270x5x3
    Bench 180x3x3 (then 165x5)
    Dead: 370x2

It weird how all the lifts are failing at once. Not much has changed in my life: Eating well, sleeping well, etc. I did run 1 day on/1 day off for a while when I shoulda been taking more rest I guess but I was stll able to increase lower body lifts a lot.

My upper body lifts are a bit of concern. I'm only slightly surpassing previous upper body records.

Previous OHP 1RM: 125. Current lifts: 115x5x3, 120x3x3
    Previous Bench 1RM: 190 or 195. Current lifts: 175x5x3. 180x3x3

Using one of those exrx.com tables, I've only improved upper body lifts by ~5lbs in 7weeks. So, about the same improvement each month in 5/3/1.

Being old sucks.

Now - I"m not criticizing the program. I'm an old guy and already had some strength before I started LP. And, my lower body lifts improve a ton - my previous 1RM are now 5RM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234