• 235x5x3 (belted)
    • 235x4x1 (belted)

DEADLIFT:
    • 145x5x1
    • 235x3x1
    • 330x2x1 (belted)
    • 420x5x1 (belted)

SQUATS: Nothing interesting.
    PRESS: Think I tired myself out too much with that 240; consistent with past over-pressing ruining my last set.
    DEADLIFT:
    Nothing interesting.

CHATTER:
    Last week I was pretty exhausted for some reason - I lifted, but just didn't record it. Completely and utterly missed both benching and pressing repsxsets, so I just called it a week on Wednesday, ate some extra food over the weekend and tried to rest up. I think last weekend I didn't sleep well or have enough protein and it affected my recovery. Don't know what else would've caused such a colossal miss on a lift I should've easily completed, considering what a cinch the week before was press-wise.

This morning I didn't feel too queasy - think it's sleep related, slept much better this weekend. Don't know why that'd make sense, but I notice the worse I sleep, the fussier my stomach is. I also had a nice big kick of carbs this AM, which seemed to better benefit my lifting compared to last week. Gonna ask some questions over in Jordan's forum about early AM lifting and meals.

35 pounds - or 7 intensity lifts - away from my coveted 300# bench press (theoretically, by 1rm calculation). If I can keep up 5# jumps for another month, I'll have it by the end of May. Similar distance from 250# OHP. Nice birthday present. Here's to hoping.

Can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but if I can maintain this trajectory I should be back at my squat and deadlift PR's by the start of August, with a load of new pressing PRs. Don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I'm considering the possibility of competing at the SS Classic in October this yearif no stupid shit gets in my way like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkin Weaver View Post
    Getting sick is the worst gains killer.
    The first year I was lifting I got sick 5 times over that winter. Im surprised I made any progress at all.
    Yeah man, it's fucking miserable. Especially when it hits in the middle of a good stride of progress and motivation. Can be hard to get back on that horse the first time after an exhausting sickness, however short.

Light day was whatever. Easy shit. Got my 190x5x5 press, so... PR!! Doubly nice is that my bench and press evolution has now evened out.

Medium day today was whatever. Got 240x5x5 bench press, first bench PR in ages. Hurrah.

Except I did my stiff leg deadlifts with a deficit... and I did 3 reps/5 sets, instead of 5 reps/3 sets. Like an idiot.

We'll see if that fucks up my lifts on Monday. Going to try another 10# jump to 430 for my compound lifts. Last Monday felt a little grindy, but I've gotten lots of sleep and protein this week - been on my A game - so I want to try another week of 10's.

465 is getting closer. I'd love to get back into PR territory. Feel like I'm being smarter about recovery and programming and not being such an idiot (deadlifting today notwithstanding). Going to invest some time in re-reading SS and PP to make sure I'm well prepared to adjust my programming when it inevitably bottoms out.

Also working on a new plan/design for how I post. Going to start my Intermediate log soon-ish. I've sorted out my camera issue, and the 4 AM lifting environment is nice and quiet and conducive to throwing up a tripod - moreso than evening lifts, with the crowded floor. Thinking about posting once a week instead of thrice weekly, recording first and last set of work sets.

Kind of want to treat myself to some new gym clothes, mine are getting kind of ratty.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223