4/28/16

BW: 243

Squat: 295x5x5

Press: 146.5x5x1, 120x10x1, 120x9x1

PC: 150x11x1, singles EMOM

CGBP: 182.5x5x3

Squats felt pretty good but the last 2 sets were a little rough. I've been worried that my squat was detraining because working up to 330 this time seems harder than the last time and I have such a break between volume day and intensity day, but after reading the thread up in Rip's forum now I'm not so sure. I don't feel under-recovered going into ID but that's kind of subjective and I think my failure this week was mostly mental. I'm gonna stuff my face this weekend and see how it goes. It does feel good to be so close to 300lbs for volume day and inching towards 3 plates for 5x5. I'm almost more excited/intimidated to hit that goal than I am to see my ID keep climbing.

Press was good. My sticking point is definitely the transition from shoulders to triceps and if I can get the bar up enough to start getting my head through than I can usually make the rep. I just have to remember to push my head forward and through as soon as it gets high enough.

PC was pretty good. My form definitely holds up better doing singles on the clock.