starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Finally lifting heavy things again

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    congrats and welcome back/home! look to see your numbers climbing

Had some time off for COVID and Flu recovery since the last post, and have had to cut back from 3x weekly to Mon/Fri only, which is all I can manage to recover from given work/family constraints. Wrote a long(ish) post about it, and it timed out, eating the text. Yay. Bill, thanks for the referral on putting a home gym together. We live ~4 minutes from the local Y, and they have enough free weight to make this work for now. I'd really prefer to lift at home, and HAD a full setup that we sold before PCSing from CA to TX just pre-COVID (way, way overweight on the move), which kinda makes me sick to think about. Also had a 3-car garage there, so I could just dedicate a spot to my DL platform and the rack. I'll check out the stuff at TX Strength Systems and see.

Long post summary: Still hacking away at the NLP, albeit with split sets, and 2.5lb jumps on OHP since 5lb jumps were causing my shoulder to threaten mutiny. With the smaller jumps I'm still getting all the reps, and the progress continues. Interesting to look further down the post and see my work-set weights now at or higher than my 1RMs were back in '15. It's been a hot minute, but if I can manage to stay consistent, the program works. I REALLY didn't want to get out of bed yesterday, but did it.

Latest sets:
    OHP - 3x5 @144
    Bench - 3x5 @235
    Squat - 3x5 @364 (work sets from yesterday are here, here, and here (I did a plate count for the 3rd set, practicing for upcoming SS meets, bar is a 20 kilo bar, since all the 45lb ones are slicker than snot)
    DL - 1x5@405 (haven't found a good spot to put my phone to shoot video of the DL)

starting strength coach development program
    Looking at form check videos, it is very apparent that the videos I linked above kinda suck. I'll have to work on that. I think there's a better spot to set my phone over by the other squat rack...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456