starting strength gym
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe's LP Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    You mean stability/movement of the bar in the hand or do you mean the bar rotating out of its plane?
    In the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    In the hand.
    Oh. Yeah, it can't really move much without taking thumb skin along with it.

11/25/15:

BW: 201 (must be a fluke)

SQ: 225x5,5,1
    BP: 145x5,1
    PC: dicked around for maybe 65x5, 70x5

This was a stunningly abysmal workout. I was hoping to reintroduce squatting as it seemed my left arm "injury" had finally healed. Oh, no. Warm-ups went relatively OK, until my lower back decided to fuck with me. Still, up until around 200, everything was manageable. North or 200, forget it. There it was again, screaming in the left arm as I withdrew from the bar. On subsequent attempts, the discomfort prevented me from getting into a good position, holding the bar on my back, maintaining tightness, and just killed my concentration. Add to this what appears to be a newly-developed lack of flexibility in my elbows and wrists, let's just say I'm not in the best of moods right now. I feel like I just wasted a whole bunch of time.

Couldn't bench properly, either, but that's only partially due to my buffoon arm. Why is this so fucking hard?

Forget about power cleans. I don't even know where to begin with them.

Just extremely frustrated. Let's see how my arm feels tomorrow and into Friday. I'm thinking on just doing a bunch of 5s, starting with an empty bar, and adding 10 lbs or so until things start to get wonky. Hopefully, my stupid body will cooperate for once.

11/27/15:

BW: 202.8 lbs

SQ: DNC
    SGDL: 185x5x3
    PR: 95x4,3
    DL: 315

Curlz: Bar x 18,16,12

Could not get under the bar to squat; continued left arm issue prohibited even setting up for bar weight squats. Swapped to SGDLs. Press would not go at all today; will deload next week and proceed with smaller jumps. Deadlift keeps going, thankfully; hook grip up to 275. Back on rehab until this fucking thing goes away. Then VERY light weights on squat until I'm back to some respectable level.

11/27/15:

BW: 202.8 lbs

SQ: DNC
    SGDL: 185x5x3
    PR: 95x4,3
    DL: 315

Curlz: Bar x 18,16,12

Could not get under the bar to squat; continued left arm issue prohibited even setting up for bar weight squats. Swapped to SGDLs. Press would not go at all today; will deload next week and proceed with smaller jumps. Deadlift keeps going, thankfully; hook grip up to 275. Back on rehab until this fucking thing goes away. Then VERY light weights on squat until I'm back to some respectable level.

11/29/15:

BW: 202.4 lbs

BP: 145x5x5x4 (Pissed I missed that last rep)
    SGDL: 190x5x3

Curlz: Bar x 21,18,16
    Hammorz: DB20x12x2

2.5" deadlifting belt from Dean and Jackie came in on Saturday. Yes, it's very narrow, but I really, really didn't want to get it messed up on either my hips or ribs. The 4" GLC is just too damn wide while I still have this bit of a gut. Can't wait to try it out on Wednesday. Royal blue, nice and purdy.

Weight gain is coming along; I'm approaching target. Wish the lifts were better. Started out on 4/25/15, took a month off at the end of August/beginning of September, rebooted at least twice along the way. So I'm looking at about six months, here and there. Not great eating at some points. A bit of nagging injuries here and there. Onward. I still want a 315 squat and a 405 deadlift. Press and bench will be whatever.
    Last edited by Satch12879; 12-01-2015 at 09:34 AM.

12/2/15:

BW: 199.8 lbs

PR: 90
    DL: 320

Press form is getting away from me, completely an artifact of whatever's up with my left arm. Deadlift keeps going, thankfully. First pull with belt.

Was traveling for business, and didn't get good sleep the past two nights. Also, this arm thing is still bothering me. I just don't have the energy today. Perhaps I'll try and grab a set of chins with the pull-up assist bands tonight and move the workout until tomorrow. Supposed to be bench press and SGDL. I'm thinking about some time off towards the end of the month into January and a fresh start in 2016.

Update 12/11/15:

Left arm is healing nicely. The naproxen has seemed to finally reached saturation after fairly steady dosage. I'll come off of it next Tuesday after a solid week. I can still feel dull twinges when hugging if I really squeeze and when I'm pressing against things at certain angles. My elbow joint is a tad stiff. Weirdest damned thing, and I've hated how it's kept me from squatting, messing with my bench press, and completely made practicing the power clean torture.

Decided to take a break for December as discussed previously. I've been on the road/traveling for work and pleasure, plus family holiday obligations have been scattered about, so it was a good time. January 4, 2016 is on the calendar with a nice conservative reset and hopefully steady progress for as long as I can get it.

Thanks for the interest these past couple of months and see you in January.

starting strength coach development program
    1/4/16:

BW: 198.8 lbs

SQ: 135
    PR: 65
    DL: 225

Nice conservative re-start numbers. Left arm felt good under the bar. No issues to report.

Onward.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast