• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    9/29/15:

SQ: 225
    PR: 75
    DL: 275

BW: 188.0 lbs

Correction, last workout was 9/27/15.

Squats felt all kinds of messed up last night. I finished the work sets, but my balance and position at the bottom at weight still feels off.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Squats felt all kinds of messed up last night. I finished the work sets, but my balance and position at the bottom at weight still feels off.
    That precise magnitude of gravitational force vector has been shown demonstratively to cause significant perturbations in the genesis of appropriate neural synaptic signal transmissions.

It's that second plate getting in your head. 230 will go more smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    That precise magnitude of gravitational force vector has been shown demonstratively to cause significant perturbations in the genesis of appropriate neural synaptic signal transmissions.

It's that second plate getting in your head. 230 will go more smoothly.
    Indeed. I had a note in my book under the last time I lifted 225. "Hard." Note to self, don't pay attention to self.

Sufficed to say, I'm pretty happy that I'm back up to where I left off after only about a month back on.

10/1/15:

SQ: 230 (no, not any smoother)
    BP: 130 (nor was this)
    PC: 80 (fuck these)

BW: 191.4 lbs

Mental fog last night. Work aggravation. Maybe lack of good sleep the prior two days, even though it was delightfully cold out and we could sleep with the windows open with me under the covers for the first time in maybe six months.

I wrote notes for myself in my log for this last session, "set knees, sit back, master cue, take time in warm ups, concentrate." Did I do it? No.

Ugh. I'm chalking it up to end of the week. Won't lift again until 10/5 to get on a regular schedule again.

10/6/15:

Severe headache and work-related issues sent me right to bed at 5p, yesterday.

SQ: 235 (crushed these)
    PR: 77.5
    DL: 280

BW: 191.4 lbs +/- (didn't weigh this morning)

There was a lot of positive energy at the power rack and squat stand, yesterday evening. Very male. The bumpers were bouncing for each rep of my work sets.
    Last edited by Satch12879; 10-07-2015 at 09:07 AM.

10/8/15:

SQ: 240
    BP: 135*
    PC: 85

BW: 189.6 lbs

Looks like I'm floating at between 189 and 191. Respectable progress from the 165 at the outset back in April. I am carrying a bit of body fat, so I'm considering shifting macros down to recomposition mode to get rid of some of this squish.

Squat work sets were completed, but were rough. The positive momentum from Tuesday evening wasn't there. I definitely didn't sleep well the past two nights. Surprisingly, the one plate milestone on the bench went up, but not without effort.

Personal commitments will keep me out of the gym until Sunday. Two days of recovery can't hurt.

10/8/15:

SQ: 240
    BP: 135*
    PC: 85

BW: 189.6 lbs

Looks like I'm floating at between 189 and 191. Respectable progress from the 165 at the outset back in April. I am carrying a bit of body fat, so I'm considering shifting macros down to recomposition mode to get rid of some of this squish.
    Umm, it's bulking season here in the Northern Hemisphere. Cutting/recomp season starts in April. Get with the program!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Umm, it's bulking season here in the Northern Hemisphere. Cutting/recomp season starts in April. Get with the program!
    Speaking of which, my mom's back from Italy this evening. We need to get you some home-made pasta deliveries. Fuck your paleo bullshit. Sausage-making is on the order, too, for the health of the larder. I'm disappoint with 161. My globo-gym buddy is your height/build and somewhere at 185. Tsk, tsk.

10/12/15:

SQ: 245
    PR: 80
    DL: 285

BW: 193.6 lbs

starting strength coach development program
    I went from 145 to 200 (at 5'8") over the course of about 9 months. You've still got a ways to go. ;-)

(Yeah, I've got a little bit of squish I'd like to get rid of, mostly hiding my abs. I'll work on getting rid of that after I get to a 350 squat. Or maybe 375. Or maybe a 405 deadlift. Something like that. But you know, we can't all be Skillin.)

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast