starting strength gym
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe's LP Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by cmynhier View Post
    I went from 145 to 200 (at 5'8") over the course of about 9 months. You've still got a ways to go. ;-)

(Yeah, I've got a little bit of squish I'd like to get rid of, mostly hiding my abs. I'll work on getting rid of that after I get to a 350 squat. Or maybe 375. Or maybe a 405 deadlift. Something like that. But you know, we can't all be Skillin.)
    No, no I agree; my legitimate weight goal is 205. The good thing is, as I was telling Adam, my body fat percentage seems to be staying relatively constant. At least as my very precise, but not very accurate scale tells me.

Not making workouts. Life has been getting in the way. Missed Wednesday (yesterday) and can't get there today. Hopefully I'll get in tomorrow, otherwise Saturday, but that's four days off. Ugh. I don't think I've hit a standard LP schedule twice since I've been back on at the beginning of September. Just frustrated, that's all.

Looks like I'm not getting back into the gym today or at all this weekend. Monday is likely my next session. I really want a setup at home to make this easier, I just don't know if I can swing it space-wise and money wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Looks like I'm not getting back into the gym today or at all this weekend. Monday is likely my next session. I really want a setup at home to make this easier, I just don't know if I can swing it space-wise and money wise.
    Amazon.com : Titan Fitness Fold Back Power Rack 21.5" Deep Laser Cut Wall Mounted Weight Lift : Sports & Outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    They're copying everything in the Rogue catalog!
    I keep waiting for the Titan Yoke to come out.

10/19/15:

SQ: 245x5, 235x5x2
    BP: 125
    DL: 275

BW: 194 lbs

10/21/15:

SQ: 240
    PR: 75
    DL: 280

BW: 193.6 lbs

Ground through this one. Did something stupid to my left arm during Monday's session, at the base of the lateral triceps head. To tell you throbbing was the feeling I got after I racked the bar would be an understatement. Funny, the squat strength is there, but the torso stabilization, as usual, is touchy at best. Belt is helping, now that I've figured out how to wear it properly. Read the book, kids; almost everything is in there.
    Last edited by Satch12879; 10-22-2015 at 10:21 AM. Reason: thoughts and feelz

Just ordered a 2.5" belt from Dean and Jackie, Royal Blue. Deadlift is feeling weird toward the end of the work set, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Yes, short torso, thus narrow belt. The waistbands on undies are problematic, too.

Didn't complete my workout Friday, 10/23. Very intense, throbbing pain in my left upper arm, at the base of the lateral head of the tricep as I noted previously. Getting out from under the bar during squat warm-ups was excruciating. Gave up on squatting, moved to bench press and couldn't get the bar out of the rack. Left totally dejected and aggravated. Went home and iced my arm, and started on ibuprofin and naproxin. I'm still getting twinges of it and can feel it when I squeeze my upper arm.

I also went ahead an ordered a wall-mount rack and safety arms on Saturday, and a set of plates this morning, from Rogue. Those guys are great; I ordered the wrong safeties, they caught it on Saturday at 3:45p, and corrected the order on Sunday at 9a. Work fucking sucks and I really don't need the aggravation of having to make time to get to a gym three times a week. Hopefully in about two weeks I'll be all set here. Just need a bench.

Looks like I'm going to try getting back to the gym tomorrow. I can still feel twinges in my arm. Hopefully, a bit of stretching and weight will knock out whatever the hell I did to it.

starting strength coach development program
    Gear order is set to arrive on Wednesday (tomorrow). Goddamn, Rogue. Awesome. Also, picked up a bumper plate set, which will also get here tomorrow, and I'll probably just throw myself further under the bus and grab a bench so I can get on with things next week.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast