starting strength gym
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat broad seeks to become strong fat broad

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I don't mess with women who can DL over 200 pounds. For what it's worth I won't attack you.;-)

welcome!
    swimming kills my gainz like no other. Sometimes I steal the kids kickboards so I don't use up my arms.

I've been following your log. Congratulations on the two-plate pull, Liz!

Underweight Starting Strength Coach seeks to follow your log.

Oldman and Adam, followed back. Thanks!

Melody, I followed you too. Maybe I should steal a kickboard as well, or just stick to diving. Pleasant surprise to find that I can still do it off the (low) board after however many years. They close the high board for open swim, which is probably for the best.

Adam, I have a great deal of tried-and-true information on how to gain weight, but I suspect most of it's not program-compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by LizF View Post
    Oldman and Adam, followed back. Thanks!

Melody, I followed you too. Maybe I should steal a kickboard as well, or just stick to diving. Pleasant surprise to find that I can still do it off the (low) board after however many years. They close the high board for open swim, which is probably for the best.

Adam, I have a great deal of tried-and-true information on how to gain weight, but I suspect most of it's not program-compliant.
    First, congrats on the pull and doing the program in general. Maybe you'll be a good influence at your gym that'll fly in the face of "women need cardio and nothing but"-- maybe you'll even lead a few to see the light.

And in regards to weight gain, I've never understood how some people have trouble with it. Don't you love eating? Just eat-- it's great!

Congratulations on your progress and determination. I'm one of the old coots that hangs around here.

Hi Liz, welcome! I'll be following along!

Oh my god, don't get me started on women's fitness propaganda. I can go on for HOURS. Yes, of course, we're all going to the gym to get as small as possible so boys will like us! That's the only thing women want! Now let's all starve ourselves and be miserable.

I mean, I know I could stand to lose a lot of bodyfat, but I refuse to treat myself with that kind of contempt. Time enough for a reasonable reduction program when my body's stronger.

starting strength coach development program
    I see a number of obviously highly motivated (they're there at 5 AM) and reasonably fit-appearing women at my gym doing *the most ridiculous exercises* like smith machine squats with just the bar (it looks like their knees are going to explode) or deadlifts with an EZ curl bar with a bunch of 5 lb plates on it. I can't help but think they would probably be healthier, happier, and stronger (and more attractive if that is their objective) if they gained a few pounds and did barbell exercises. Good for you for getting strong.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast