starting strength gym
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Valkyrie Strength log

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I have Friday's workout to log, but later. I'm feeling a little sick and a lot low.

Aw man, sorry you're feeling sick and low. Hope it passes soon.

Your chins are super impressive.

Definitely get a belt ASAP - I held off on getting one until I felt like I deserved / needed one and that was dumb and I regret it. There's a learning curve to using one and you might as well start on it without having to do as big a reset. General Leathercraft has reasonable prices, is super-responsive, and delivers quickly.

If you need to tighten your body a belt is indispensable. Get one now. The belt if tightened enough will become something one squeezes his/her body against. It helps to tightened your body enough for heavier lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by pertuset View Post
    right shoulder pain after a dislocation while deadlifting at the seminar in October
    I'm not sure how I got this wrong. It's my left shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by brkriete View Post
    Your chins are super impressive.
    Thank you

11/21 workout

squat 185 x 5, 175 x 5, 5
    bench 135x5, 3, 2
    chin 6,5,4

Feeling crappy w cold, definitely not at 100%

squats
    Tried to stick at 185 with form correction but this felt impossible, either because of form work or illness; more likely both together.

bench
    Second go at 135, still missing reps. Again, not sure if I just shouldn't be there yet, or if this is the illness.

chins
    The only thing that felt good.

general notes
    Logging this with too long of a delay to remember much except feeling physically and emotionally blech.

11/23 workout

squat 175x5,5,5
    press 80x5,5,5
    dead 255x4
    chins 5,5,5

squat
    Felt solid. I hate that this is the third time I've deloaded in 6 weeks. With my most recent correction, I was back to being a bit high. I'm getting depth again and now I think I've finally got form dialed in. I'll be glad to start progressing again.

press
    Feeling strong. The only thing that's still progressing steadily with no hiccups. Sticking with 1lb jumps, not getting greedy.

dead
    Rested maybe 30 seconds between reps 3 & 4. So maybe really 3 + a single. 250 felt easy last week, today's 255 kicked my ass.

chins
    Same volume of chins as last time. Finally have a plan thanks to Wolf. Tried to go up 1 total this time but didn't have it in me.

general notes
    Still sick, but getting better. Low energy. Again, too long a delay in logging to remember more. Should take more notes in the gym if I'm not going to log right away.

11/25 workout

squat 180x5,5,5
    bench 135x3,3,2,2,2
    snatch-grip dead 135x5, 145x5, 155x5, 165x5, 175x5
    chins 5,4,4,4

squat
    hooray for progressing again

bench
    feeling stuck at 135, switched to triples. Still missing reps. Think I may deload a bit and take another run at it.

snatch-grip dead
    per Wolf, adding a light deadlift day where I would otherwise be doing power cleans but for shoulder

chins
    Spread to 4 sets, added 2 to total volume

general notes
    still a wee bit sick

skeletal/neuro
    left shoulder hurting, hard to get it in good position under bar for squat, but gets better during workout

women's health
    would be shark week but for IUD which seems to reduce or eliminate bleeding but not other aspects of cycle. 2 things usually affected for me: everything feels heavier and I'm more likely to experience stress incontinence

starting strength coach development program
    11/27 workout

squat 145x5,5
    press 81x5,5,5
    dead 250x5
    chins 5,5,5,4

squat
    Introducing a light/low volume day, per Wolf.

press
    Still progressing nicely 1lb at a time

dead
    Accidentally misloaded, expected to do 255, but still struggled with 250 (on 11/18 they came up quick). These were more like 3+1+1 with about 30-60 seconds rest

chins
    Went up 2 in volume again. Yay

general notes
    Feeling better. Not 100% over illness, but close.

skeletal/neuro
    Left shoulder feels terrible. Enough pain to wake me repeatedly last night. Felt better by end of workout but it's feeling super unstable recently and gets painful often. I need to figure out what to do about it. Waiting it out isn't working this time.

women's health
    still shark week, still a little crampy, much more leaking w deads

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast