STATS:
    HEIGHT: 5'7
    WEIGHT: 183LBS

SQUAT 1RM: 405LBS
    BENCH 1RM: 300LBS
    DEADLIFT 1RM: 445LBS
    PRESS 1RM: 195LBS

Start date 01/04/2016

Working sets only. All weight listed in LBS.

01/04/2016
    Bench: 210 3x5
    Squat: 275 3x5
    Press: 115 3x5

Notes: I substituted presses for deads on this day because of time constraints and available equipment at my gym. Squats felt really good this sessions with 7 minutes rest between sets to recover from fatigue. Bench went well, decided to start the program at 210 and go from there with bench being my weakest lift, took a few minutes rest to recover between sets. Presses Decent sets with a few minutes in between sets, this was the fastest part of my workout. Overall it was a good day for my lifts, was able to hit all of my numbers. Diet was good for the day, but didn't get as many calories as I wanted.

01/06/2016

Squats: 280 3x5
    Presses: 135 3x5

Notes Couldn't do power cleans due to gym limitations with no bumper plates, and not allowed to drop plates. In the future I will most likely start doing power cleans with 135 for 3x5. Squats felt tired at the beginning of the workout, but got better as it progressed. With 225 on my back for 8 in warm ups I began to question is I was going to be able to get the 280 listed for the workout. With 280 on my back I was able to work through the sets with more ease than Monday's squats. Still used 7 minutes rest in between sets for squats, which appears to be a good amount of time to recover. Presses Jumped in weight this session because I feel that I started too light on the previous session. Took between 5-6 minutes rest between sets and was able to complete the workouts.

Can you find a real gym or a real SS certified coach so you can do the lifts?

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Can you find a real gym or a real SS certified coach so you can do the lifts?
    Only gyms around here are crossfit ones that charge $100+ and barely have what they call "open" gym where you can do lifts on your own and not in a class. The closest SS gym is over 3 1/2 hours away. I can do all the lifts except power cleans right now.

A consultation with a certified SS coach may be possible. There is more than one in your state. Check Resources.

01/08/2016

Squats
    285 3x5

Bench
    215 3x5

Deadlift
    315 3x5

Notes
    Deadlifts went well tonight, first time deadlifting in about a month. Used conventional stance and worked hook grip until I got to 315 then switched to over/under.
    Bench was just as good as Monday's at 210. Kept my reps slow and steady and was able to pause for a second at the bottom. Worked on keeping my wrist straight, and fist up and not allowing them to bend backwards. 5 minutes rest in between sets.
    Squats legs were tight tonight, took a while to get them warmed up. Not much soreness as much as tightness. Bar just felt heavier than usual at lighter weights.

01/11/2016

Squats
    290 3x5

Notes Was only able to do squats today due to having a family emergency. Squats went really well today, warmed up with 135 then 225 then straight to the 290. The weight felt pretty light tonight and was really happy with my lifts until I was called away.

01/13/2016

Squats
    295 3x5

Bench
    220 3x5

Press
    140 3x5

Notes Squats started out slow, short warm up but was able to get through my sets of 5's. Weight felt heavier in the beginning, but after my legs warmed up I was able to move the weight comfortably. Used 5-6 minutes rest in between sets. Bench 220 felt great! Press was a struggle this workout, but I feel it was because I did not warm up properly for the lifts, I felt more rushed than usual,

01/15/2016

Bench

225 3x5

Deadlift

320 3x5

Notes held off on doing squats this night due to my back not feeling right after doing deadlifts. Bench went great this workout and felt fresh throughout. Deadlifts were a tremendous struggles throughout. From the beginning the weight felt 100lbs heavier and just couldn't get in the groove of the lift. At the end I felt my back tighten up and pushed through the final set of 320.

01/20/2016

[B][/SquatsB]

300 3x5

Press

145 3x5

Bench

225 3x5

Notes was able to hit squats tonight, and it felt great! I was warmed up and was able to seamlessly cruise through the sets and my back felt great. I was splitting the rack with someone else so I cant really say I took the normal 6-7 minutes rest between sets. Presses were more relaxed this time, with more warm up time allowed and felt satisfied with my working sets. The last set I had the most trouble with and had to hitch my knees a little on the 5th rep. I stuck with 225 on bench this workout because when I attempted my first set of 230, I struggled to get through 4 reps before failing on the 5th. So I thought it best to back off 5 and go at it again and I was able to work through the weight and sets better.

starting strength coach development program
    01/25/2016

Squat

305 3x5

Bench

230 3x5

Notes Squats went well this workout, my workout partner felt a pull in his lower back/hip area and had to pull out of the workout after his last set of 405. Bench felt heavier at first but was able to get warmed up and felt great going through the lifts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast