starting strength gym
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Log for a flabby 50+ waistline warrior. Newbie/ Novice log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Tonight's workout seemed a little easier. (don't tell the coach!)

Had been dragging butt most of the day and thought about getting caffeinated late afternoon but didn't. Once I got in there and warmed up it was easier than I thought it would be.

Squats:

2 sets with a bare bar for 5 reps. 1 set of 95 for 5 reps. 1 set of 135 for 5 reps. 1 single with 160 pounds. 3 sets of 175 for 5 reps.

Press:

2 sets of 5 with the bar. 1 set 65 for 5 reps. 1 double with 95. 3 sets of 105 for 5 reps.

Deadlift:

1 set of 135 for 5. 1 set of 185 for a double. 1 single with 195, 1 set 205 for 5.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get back in the gym until Friday but am thoroughly looking forward to it.

Default Anonimity is like a warm blanket.

It seems my one of my coaches submitted my picture to "The SS Weekly Report."

Anonymity is like a warm blanket that I like to wrap myself in but autographs are available. (KIDDING!)
    Last edited by waistline warrior; 03-07-2016 at 08:12 PM.

Just saw this log....wanted to say welcome and I look forward to seeing some awesome progress being made. It may be easier to log your sets like 45x2x5 (sets x reps), 95x5, 135x3, 155x2, 175x3x5, than typing everything out each time. As you progress and gain experience, a lot of people only log the worksets and not the warmups. The SS forums have a ton of great knowledge and information. Take the time to explore around, read, and learn, and best of luck. I'll be following along. Like others have said, it's a huge leg up working with a SS coach and saves you a ton of time and headaches as opposed to learning on your own.

P.s. I've been to a SS seminar, but am going to try to find the time this summer to hopefully get a personalized session at 5x3 training,

Thanks for the tips. Will try to simplify the workout description. If you get out to Fivex3 give me a heads up.

Hey man, good to someone getting coaching from the start. Good luck, I look forward to seeing how far you take LP.

Also, your username is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboots View Post
    Hey man, good to someone getting coaching from the start. Good luck, I look forward to seeing how far you take LP.

Also, your username is awesome.
    Thanks Gumboots. Its been an awesome experience so far.

Back in the gym tonight. Gained a few pounds this week. (Boo!) But the lifting actually went well (everything went up). Monday we are going to learn the power snatch and for some reason its just not exciting to me. But...that's why you hire a coach. (I am so uncoordinated)

Squats: 185x3x5 (keep looking up so I got the gnome again tonight)
    Bench: 185x3x5
    Deadlift: 220x3x5

Normally in bed by now but am wound up from the workout.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by waistline warrior View Post
    Back in the gym tonight. Gained a few pounds this week. (Boo!) But the lifting actually went well (everything went up). Monday we are going to learn the power snatch and for some reason its just not exciting to me. But...that's why you hire a coach. (I am so uncoordinated)

Squats: 185x3x5 (keep looking up so I got the gnome again tonight)
    Bench: 185x3x5
    Deadlift: 220x3x5

Normally in bed by now but am wound up from the workout.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Good job! The pounds you put on doesn't mean much in themselves though - I wouldn't pay that any mind at all right now. As long as the plates on your barbell grow.

Do you mean the power snatch or the clean though?

Have a great weekend!

I love this log! I'm a little younger and started a bit leaner but I was also a LOT weaker. As you've found there are a ton of supportive people on here. It looks to me like you started out pretty strong already (nice bench!) and you'll be throwing around serious weight in no time. In 3-6 months you will not believe how much you can accomplish. I've dropped more than 40lbs while adding a decent amount of muscle. Moreover all my labs dramatically turned around. I went from pre-diabetic/metabolic syndrome to all my numbers being normal or better.

Weights + watching your macros will get you where you need to be.

Congratulations!

starting strength coach development program
    "Do you mean the power snatch or the clean though?"

The power snatch. My forearms are too long to do a power clean. Instead of racking the bar on my shoulders it would be racked on my chin. (which would make funny video)

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast