starting strength gym
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Zeppelin Rambles On

Default Burnout

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I haven't logged in since.. well a long time. Received an email that you posted. What is your current bodyweight? If it is near the 175 mark where you started, you just aren't going to get stronger. I am 5'10" and 180, and my lifts are much higher. Within reason there is a direct correlation between bodyweight and strength.

Aside from that, you and I are alike in that we both get bored.. and distracted! I am a husband with a toddler and second baby on the way, and I run my own business. There are times when I prioritize other needs and wants over the gym. I personally have chosen a few weight benchmarks that I want to maintain no matter what. For example, I want to work out with 225 on bench, 275 or more on sq, etc. If I go in to the gym and cannot move that weight easily, I know that I need to lift more often. I could be far stronger, but I just don't need to be, nor do I want to be that much stronger when balanced with my other wants in life (good dad, play golf, chill, etc.).

Anyhow, I love Barbell Medicine. Enjoy your training!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by claywieczorek View Post
    I haven't logged in since.. well a long time. Received an email that you posted. What is your current bodyweight? If it is near the 175 mark where you started, you just aren't going to get stronger. I am 5'10" and 180, and my lifts are much higher. Within reason there is a direct correlation between bodyweight and strength.

Aside from that, you and I are alike in that we both get bored.. and distracted! I am a husband with a toddler and second baby on the way, and I run my own business. There are times when I prioritize other needs and wants over the gym. I personally have chosen a few weight benchmarks that I want to maintain no matter what. For example, I want to work out with 225 on bench, 275 or more on sq, etc. If I go in to the gym and cannot move that weight easily, I know that I need to lift more often. I could be far stronger, but I just don't need to be, nor do I want to be that much stronger when balanced with my other wants in life (good dad, play golf, chill, etc.).

Anyhow, I love Barbell Medicine. Enjoy your training!
    Clay,

I'm 6'2" and 190lbs.

I think I've decided ultimately I'm going to start a brief LP today and then slowly transition my way from there to Texas Method to 4-Day Split using the strategies outlined in the most recent Barbell Logic podcasts.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910