starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Avatara's training log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatara View Post
    I LIIIIIIVE!
    Welcome back! Hope the pregnancy goes smoothly, and congratulations on your last one!

Deloads are always sensible. I bet you have to move your body a bit differently with the weight distribution changes.

Squat 3x5 70lb
    BP 3x5 85lb
    DL 1x5 100lb

I had a little trouble on the squats, at the bottom of the movement I'd get a weird pain in my crotch. It felt like it was possibly right where the adductors originate, or possibly something with the pelvic floor. Dunno what caused it, except that it's probably pregnancy related since it's never happened before. Maybe I'll add a set of kegels 3x5 to my next workouts? :P Hopefully it's something that'll work itself out as I get back in the groove of training.

Squats 3x5 75lb
    Press 3x5 50lb
    DL 1x5 105lb

Squat 3x5 80lb
    Press 3x5 40lb
    DL 1x5 110lb

So, the learning point for trying to weight train while pregnant: It is really fucking difficult. I am no longer pregnant (the delivery went great this time). The entire time I was pregnant, when squatting I would get a terrible pain in my crotch like someone was stabbing me in the vagina with a screw driver. This resulted in me not doing a lot of squats. I also had no energy for most of the pregnancy - all of my energy and nutrition went straight to the baby, with little left over for me. Recovery periods for training expanded from 1 day in between workouts to 2 or 3 days minimum. Trying to fuel training recovery on top of gestational needs was also difficult. It was hard to eat enough, and being always tired meant I never felt like cooking lots extra. I worked out semi-regularly for the first 4 or 5 months of pregnancy, and after that it became increasingly intermittent until by 8 months the only exercise I was doing was walking.

Today was my first back-in-the-saddle post partum workout, and I'm gratified to see that I haven't lost a whole lot of ground.

Squat 3x5 85lb
    Bench 3x5 70lb
    DL 1x5 115lb

Squats 3x5 95lbs
    Bench press 3x5 75lbs
    DL 1x5 125lbs

Squat 115
    Bench 100
    DL 145

Still plugging away

starting strength coach development program
    congrats and welcome back!