starting strength gym
Page 44 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: TYMR Geezer hopes to be worthy of your guidance

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Jealous of all the sightings. Words to live by.

Going to Northern Wisconsin for long weekend. Where social distancing comes natural. LOL.

Kayaking, Scooters, boating, fishing, perhaps a drink or two.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    Given the attitude of most country fols I have met, I imagine that many practice the 3S’s when their livestock are threatened.
    Shades of C.J. Box and one of his great characters, Game Warden Joe Pickett. Great reads, all of Box's stuff.

Ill have to check that out. My wife got me the new Dan Crenshaw book. Thats next on my reading list.

i see a fox (4-legged kind) every day on my walk in the morning

perhaps a drink or two.
    LOL, good call. I live near Madison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    i see a fox (4-legged kind) every day on my walk in the morning
    I rather see the 2 leg type myself

Resuming Metal Therapy

5/26/2020 Tuesday + 9 day gap (travel)

Press 42x5 92x5x3 with arc
    Squat 45x5x2 135x3 205x3x3
    Dead 135x3 235x3

Was reasonably sure I could not complete any of this workout. Sunburn and a couple days of loading and unloading had me really sore.
    The sunburn seemed to affect my knees badly... kind of a head scratcher.
    I think I'll go back to linear progression, two workouts a week 5 pound increments until previous PR for sets.

The Great North Wood
    We've been going to the same cabins (Jackson's Lakeside cabins) for 22 years, near St Germain, Wisconsin.
    My two brothers and two adopted brothers. Occasionally we bring others. Memorial day weekend for us starts early
    Thursday morning for a 6 am push off.
    This gets us there between noon and 1pm.

Packing resembles moving. I brought two good sized kayaks, and a scooter (Yamaha Zuma). (that's 600 pounds so far for those keeping score).
    Riding up with two people I pull the middle seats out of my Toyota Sienna and drop the rear seats, and we're full nearly to ceiling.

My niece got a coveted invite this year, and I taught her to use my single person kayak, (everyone's favorite) and I used the bigger (and slower) tandem. Of course, it isn't slower when you have two people LOL.
    Despite one major setback, the North Woods were quite healing for all of us. The weather was amazing with highs between 62 and 72. None of the predicted rain occurred until we left.

I even got a decent picture of an eagle with my iPhone. Something I long considered impossible. I never broke out my Nikon, perhaps I should have, but sometimes you just need to relax.

We had a couple of really nice fires by the lake. Fishing was good, and my son in law an his brother had their best fishing days ever. (I have pictures)

I struggled to get my kayaks up a gravel road, they have nice wheels and I went one at a time, but they weigh north of 250#, and the gravel is soft and rutted. It occurred to me that I would not have even attempted that 4 years ago, and that if I would just do what I know to do, this would have been much easier.

PERSPECTIVE
    While I understood, even supported a lot of our Covid-19 response, it occurs to me that the estimated danger of this virus was way over estimated.
    Now, that we have a conclusive track record that demonstrates that we had no where near the need to "shut everything down", we find that leaders in Illinois, Michigan and other places want to just stay locked down, virtually without reason.
    I find the precedent that "if we are uncertain about risks, we can and should close your business" more than dangerous. It is unacceptable.

How can this "parade of experts" be so wrong, yet maintain credibility?
    We built massive temporary hospitals at great cost that went unused.
    We moved a Navy hospital ship to New York, that went unused, while sending seniors with Covid back to nursing homes.

It is one thing to make mistakes when the data is flawed and the experts are fooled. It is another to continue to rely on assumptions that have been proven wrong, because it supports your lust for power.
    The most dangerous outcome, would be the power to impose "limited shutdowns", and bankrupt businesses you don't like or won't bribe sufficiently.

Living in Illinois with a fine tradition of criminal politicians may make me cynical. Lightfoot and Pritzer are not covering themselves in glory.

It was good to see all this from a distance. I think.

Glad you enjoyed your sojourn behind the Cheddar Curtain.

Friday 5/29/2020

Bench 45x5 95x5 145x5x5 same as previous (weeks ago)
    Squat 45x5x2 135x1 210x3 bad depth 205x3x2 better

Disappointing that I could not successfully add 5 pounds to my squat.
    My dead has almost always lead the way. We'll see next session how that goes.
    May attempt 10 lb jumps on dead. All lifts have been at 85% of previous worksets.
    Was at 236 on the squat for reps (3), I guess we're micro loading. Wow.

With luck, my dead will lead the way as it always has. Going to try to workout every 3 days.
    Where the hell would I be without my own gym? Yikes!

My previous dead PR was 272 on 3/8 (has it really been that long?????)
    Unlike the squat, the dead lifts have felt light.

I figure if I get my dead up to 330 my squat will improve. LOL.

Breaking thru the Cheddar curtain is worth the trip.

I trust all of you are well!

starting strength coach development program
    I've been following the Covid posts on Rips page, plenty of differing opinions. I have seen this in my own family, even between husbands and wives. Amongst my own friends most are getting tired of this bullshit and are ready to take their chances and get no with normal life. Home gyms rule!

Page 44 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast