starting strength gym
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trapp's Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Nice job Trapp! Keep up the good work. Looks like we're about the same size, you've already got me beat on the press though. Have you been keeping an eye on your bodyweight? Trending up?

Thanks, I haven't developed a good habit of weighing myself at the gym yet. Still working on pressing the 'Starting Strength' way. Maybe I'm not coordinated, but I haven't seem to work the 'lean back' into my press yet.

Yep, I'm the same way. Saw a SSC a couple times and he worked with me on it, but it's still a work in progress. Working on getting tight and then "bumping" my hips forward. It's definitely my hardest lift form-wise. What type of a gym you lift at?

I go to an Anytime Fitness. Saving up for my own squat rack for my garage. In the mean time its great for me. No one uses the squat rack and its down the road from my house. I actually have a Crossfit affiliate about 2 miles from my house, but my friends say they won't let you do your own programming (I went to a crossfit gym when I was single and had time and money and the owner would let you do your own strength programs if you wanted. Sadly it closed a couple years ago.) . Also, there's a Westside affiliate about 20 minutes from me, but with my work schedule and family life I don't want to spend the time driving or spend any more money than I have to.

Crazy that they won't let you do your own lifts at the Xfit place. Seems like that's one of the biggest problems with Xfit is they try to get everyone doing the same random workout each day without accounting for what training stage they're in. Having intermediates and novices doing the same exercise without any programming for advancement based on where you're at now.

Garage gyms are awesome, definitely not cheap though. Nothing wrong with Anytime Fitness as long as they don't whine about you using chalk and they've got an empty squat rack.

Well good luck to you man! I'll keep an eye on your log. It's cool to see other people going through their LP at the same time.

Thanks, its interesting to see the different variances of weights across the lifts among other lifters in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Trappasaur View Post
    I go to an Anytime Fitness. Saving up for my own squat rack for my garage. In the mean time its great for me. No one uses the squat rack and its down the road from my house. I actually have a Crossfit affiliate about 2 miles from my house, but my friends say they won't let you do your own programming (I went to a crossfit gym when I was single and had time and money and the owner would let you do your own strength programs if you wanted. Sadly it closed a couple years ago.) . Also, there's a Westside affiliate about 20 minutes from me, but with my work schedule and family life I don't want to spend the time driving or spend any more money than I have to.
    After a few months in a commercial gym I set up my in the garage. Now if I just calculate the time saved - say half an hour 2-3 times a week - because of not having to drive there, waiting for a rack, etc. - multiplied with a suitable hourly rate makes owning your own stuff cost effective - not to mention gym fees. It's a bit more lonely and lacks the entertainment value of a commercial gym, but even the flexibility you gain alone can be worth it - and you can get the right equipment according to preference and budget. A Rogue bar, some bumpers & iron plates, a basic rack and bench and a bit of plywood & rubber mats as a platform is all you'll need. Sometimes you get lucky on Craigslist ... I spent < $40 per month if I spread the cost over the last 30 months since I started lifting at home.

but this would require me to clean out the garage...aint happening lol

BW: N/A
    Squat: 3x5 @ 220
    Bench: 3x5 @ 155
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 130

Notes: For some reason I forgot to add five pounds to my bench tonight, but the weight moved well and it'll prepare me better for benching 160 next Wednesday. I'm looking forward to going Cub Scout camping tomorrow and back to the gym on Sunday. Cheers.

-Trapp

starting strength coach development program
    Oh Bing, my garage is my sanctuary. I cannot wait until I can get a squat rack in here!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast