starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Old man training for strength after recomp.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ordered the 541's based on the Levi's website. It said I needed 35" waist. (I'm a 33/34 inch inseam length) They fell off me. I'm thinking its 33" like my other jeans.

However I ordered some Gilbert Rugby shorts. Holy crap I never knew what I was missing. These are the SHIT to squat in. $20 bux on amazon, built like tanks with nice pockets, and my quads have room again! Plus they don't come to my knees, they are cut high so plenty of room to move. I highly recommend these.

The other issue I've been having is underwear. I just can't wear briefs anymore. I work out in athletic boxers (long) from Duluth Trading and I like em. I use to wear the same fabric Duluth trading briefs under my work cloths. The problem is the leg openings have this fabric bands that's become like a tourniquet. I need to get the short boxers to wear under my work clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by wmilas View Post
    The other issue I've been having is underwear. I just can't wear briefs anymore. I work out in athletic boxers (long) from Duluth Trading and I like em. I use to wear the same fabric Duluth trading briefs under my work cloths. The problem is the leg openings have this fabric bands that's become like a tourniquet. I need to get the short boxers to wear under my work clothes.
    Hmmm - you may find thongs less restricting. It also avoids panty lines. OK, OK, just kidding, most lifters would sympathize with your situation.

In the winter, I wear these stretchy running pants (kinda like yoga pants) in my unheated garage, they always fit and add a little compression also (I only turn the heater on when I'm in it, but it takes a long time to reach temperature in the 50s Nov-March), but I'll check out the shorts you suggest for the summer.

Medium Day

Squats 100kg 3x5
    Incline 74kg 3x5
    RDL 74kg 3x8
    Curls 35lbs 4x8 Yes. I know. But I had some extra time and i was having fun.

Heavy Day

Squats: 110kg 4x5
    Bench: 94kg 5, 92kg 3x5
    DL 156kg 4, 1

Dl felt funny on the 5th rep right lower back high thigh. I dropped it. walked it off, then finished the last rep. I'm probably going to 2x3 at 158 next week. 5th rep is getting hard energy wise.

Light Day

Squats 94kg 2x5
    OHP 61kg 4,1 55kg 3x5
    Power Snatch 44kg 2x3
    Chins Bodyweight 1x8

Pulled an ab (same place happens every now and then, its the insertion points where 4 of them meet) so called the snatches and chins short. I'll do the chins tomorrow on my off day.

Getting a bit fluffy. I caliper at 15% body fat. Starting my cut back down to 10%. I did my HIIT today and finished my chins.
    Starting my cut means working out fasted, and I reduced my calories to 2450 a day. I'll strip 50 to 100 calories off a week till I hit .6% bodyweight lost per week. I'll concentrate on making progress on lifts for 2 weeks then just holding on to the strength that I have till I hit the end of the cut, then I can restart the whole cycle.

Worked out fasted. Now I remember why I hate cutting.

Medium

Squat: 102kg 3x5
    Incline: 76kg 3x5
    RDL: 76kg 3x8

Inclines starting to get hard. Since its a "medium" day I'm not going to top set them. Don't know how hard I should push those 3 sets.

Heavy Day

Working out fasted heavy was a train wreck.

Squats: 112x5x4
    Bench: 96x4, 96x1, 92x5x3
    DL: 158x2, 158x0, 120x5

I completely ran out of gas on Deadlifts. I felt dizzy and had problems holding the bar. I never have problems holding the bar at this weight. I dropped to 120kg and just repped out 5 for some volume and called it a day. I'll strip 2 kilos next week and run 2x3. I have a feeling I'll have to keep stripping until this cut is over. Squats were a complete grind. I'll try 114 top set and 110 back off sets next week. I want a fing cheesburger.

Stretches, rolling, some light rowing, and Tennis later today. I feel a bit stiff but better than I thought I would after that debacle that was yesterday.

starting strength coach development program
    Light Day

Squats: 96x5x2
    OHP: 62x3x2, 55x5x3
    Power Snatch: 44x3x5
    Chins: BWx8x3

Chugging along.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345