starting strength gym
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: JT_ Getting Strong

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchysoles View Post
    Hey! similar history with often NDTFP, but having a good time anyway. Except I left PC behind almost entirely now. I'll get back to it when I go WOD out for fun sometime -- probably tear a pec -- you know how we do.

Nice job getting back to those squat 3x5 PRs, I'll finally have another one Friday and we can hit 405 x 5 x 3 at the same time in a couple weeks.
    Right on Itchy, you're a beast! I love the PC. I don't want to let go.... Aiming to crush 405 at the end of next week if all goes to plan. But that's rarely the case. We will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Establishing Strength View Post
    Jeeze, JC

Your squat is ridiculous. Tbh, I hit 320 today and it felt Haaaaarrd. My goal was to get up close to the 400s like you buuuttt uuuuhh...maybe not haha. I guess I'll just live vicariously through you :P
    I feel that way when I see some people's presses and bench numbers. I'm definitely the SS T-Rex poster child. Haha

02/07/2018

SQ 390x5x3 (+5lbs PR)
    PR 160 5/5/4 (+5lbs PR but didn't get all 3 sets)
    DL 395x5 (+5lbs PR)

Happy with tonight's session. Its not fun anymore though...
    Squats were my best lift. Tried to get my grip a bit narrower and it put a bit of strain on my elbows.
    Arms felt rough going into the presses.

Last set of the OHP I don't know what the hell I did but I totally lost balance on the first rep. Made it harder than it had to be and couldn't hit the last one. Will repeat the weight next session and if I don't get it I may shed a few tears. Nothing too dramatic.

Deads were fine but they suck. Hook grip sucks. Heavy deads suck. Everything sucks. So I guess I'm right on schedule with LP. Chins and pulls coming soon too.

Dam dude you're still strong! Still on my playing field after months off. Keep up the good work and get into the 400s S/D

Quote Originally Posted by BradBv View Post
    Dam dude you're still strong! Still on my playing field after months off. Keep up the good work and get into the 400s S/D
    Thanks Brad! Working on it.

02/11/2018

SQ 395x5x3 (+5lbs PR)
    BP 215x5x3
    PC 195x3x5

Squats felt the heaviest and slowest yet. Going to go for one more jump to 400 before adding in the light day

Bench actually moved well today. I was surprised. Bar speed was decent and no grinding.

Cleans were fine. They beat me up a little more than they should because I have to catch the bar. By the last Cleans I could definitely feel them slowing and I had to catch them in a wider stance.

02/15/18

SQ 400x5x3 (+5lbs PR)
    BP 220x5x3 (3 sets completed PR)
    DL 400x5 (+5lbs PR)

Really good session. So happy to hit the 400lb milestone. Most happy to complete the last rep of my bench on the 3rd set. I failed that first round of LP back in March. Was heavy though. Micro loading is most likely imminent.

I skipped the press and did bench again because a friend who's been doing the program wanted to train. Today was his bench day so I just did the same workout. I was able to help him correct a lot of form issues and get him low bar squatting.

Deads were pretty slow tonight but manageable. One of these days I'll get around to taking some vids of my session and pics of my home gym.

starting strength coach development program
    02/20/2018

SQ 405x5x3 (+5lbs PR)
    PR 160 5/4/3 (garbage)
    DL Ran out of time

Worst session yet. Too much time between lifts and not enough protein/food lately. Definitely at a point where I can't be lazy. Lesson learned.

Will get the deadlifts in tomorrow. Bummed but motivated to do better.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789