Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: My next Mid-Life Crisis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    squat
    245x5x3
    285x1,
    300x1 I have just been so damned annoyed at my seesaw lack of progress, I was feeling good and a little pissed off so I went for it. Video'd it as well and double checked to make sure I had depth. It was good.

Press 120x5x3
    deadlift 315x5
    365x1 (tied PR)
    405 fail.....tweaked my tricep...price for stupidity.

Some workouts are good. Some workouts suck AZZ.
    I slept bad last night....not my copout, just a note. Shoulders hurt and couldn't get comfortable.

Squat 250x5,3,5 did 3 sets of 5 but second set felt like shit and I had videoed it. My form is all over the place. Bar isn't going in a straight line...and my depth was bad on two reps...repeating this weight next workout.
    Bench 190x5x3. No problem. I wasn't throwing it around but I handled it. I was really expecting it to be impossible because of tweaking my tricep 2 days ago but it didn't hurt at all and I have also been stalling about 190-195 recently on bench....

Power cleans. 150x3x5. tricep didn't hurt doing these...makes no sense to me. Also, my sciatica flared a bit after each set then settled back down.

Chins.....forget it. Tricep at top shouted at me on the 3rd rep. So I started the Starr protocol with laying bench tricep extension with 25 reps of the curl bar, bar+10, bar+15. then seated tricep extension 25 reps at bar +10 and bar+15. felt the tricep getting warm where it hurt two days ago. Gonna do some lat pulldowns at the gym at work tomorrow to try and get into it.

So the lesson for today. I don't know my own body and my squat form still sucks all to hell. time to re-read the squat section of the book.

Went to the gym at work and used the lat pull down and the cable machines to do a high volume of cable work that would work my left tricep to start the rehab process. Got it good and warm and uncomfortable. Another week of that and it should be good to go.

5-25-2017

squat 250x5x3
    press 122.5x5x3
    deadlift 325x5 I was surprised that this didn't hurt the tricep.
    dumbbell overhead tricep extension 12lbs x25x3 Doms in triceps.....

deads are therapeutic

I should have taken an extra day off.

Squat 255 x3x3 No energy

bench....I thought it was 195. It felt heavy and clumsy. got 3 the first set, the 2 the second. said to hell with it and started to unload the bar. 190. I am going to eat and sleep and rest for two days and repeat this workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    deads are therapeutic
    Its funny you should say that. My sciatica has been giving me hell lately. Burning pain in my right leg and numbness down the leg. laying down or sitting down makes it go away. But to make the pain ease when I am standing, stiff leg deadlifts of a low weight seem to work wonders.

saturday mine 3. pushups, 20, 25, 25, 21,20.

Working on the farm and just wanted to get something besides sitting on my ass all day in an excavator.

I wish every workout could be like today. I intended to train yesterday but I was dog ass tired, so I went to bed at 6. Wife woke me up for dinner at 8...I drank a glass of whiskey and went back to bed.
    Tonight I had a great workout and felt like a caged animal that was going to break out and eat the crowd.
    Bodyweight this morning 217.
    I ate like it was a sport today. 50 gram protein shake this morning, then two lunches spread out with chicken breast in each.....and in the morning- afternoon I ate 4 Sugar Shack donuts. Big heavy carbohydrate bombs. Dinner After my workout was a massive omelette and some steak. I was just tired and hungry and didn't give a shit about calories.

Squat 255x5x3
    press 125x5x3
    deadlift 335x5
    chin-ups +10 lbs 8,8,8

starting strength coach development program
    Mongo need food!

Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast