starting strength gym
Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: My next Mid-Life Crisis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    Mongo need food!
    It really is amazing how much difference a surplus of fuel makes in a workout.. 1 week ago, at the same weight I couldn't get the reps I was going to drop the weight back to 250 but just felt good and strong. I am trying to achieve some balance in my diet without getting crazy and doing the Macro thing. Right now I just try to do a rough count on protein.

HAHA, your eating description is so motivating! Got a 6-pack of cinnamon buns and a protein bar on my desk here, and I needed the encouragement to dig in.

I was driving my daughter all over the city yesterday for medical appojntments and didn't make it under the squat rack. So this afternoon I went over to the company gym. They have some Olympic weights and a really shitty smith machine that also has some hooks on it that you can put the Olympic bar on. So I got my squats in
    260x 5x 3 Skipped the rest of it.
    Last edited by PizzaDad; 06-09-2017 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Lots of spelling errors

I did my squats in street clothes and dress shoes. Sometimes you just gotta do it.

lots of times i've done them in my birks

Farm work is sporadic and unpredictable. I still love the physical aspect of it, so while my wife was running, Saturday morning, I was carrying rocks up hill to the road and putting them in piles. everything from the size of a cantaloupe to some big ones that were 2 feet x1 foot and 6-8 inches thick. I tried to pick up and carry a larger one and tweaked my back. Felt it fire off across the lower left portion of my back. Good times. Yesterday was graduation for my son and my stepson, so giving it an extra day of rest made sense. We will see how it goes tonight.

What are you farming, and why don't you have a tractor to move those rocks with?

Quote Originally Posted by Itchysoles View Post
    What are you farming, and why don't you have a tractor to move those rocks with?
    Apple orchard. Specifically heirloom Cider Apples. I have a tractor and an excavator. I wanted to get some exercise. Stupidity is expensive.

I know that I have a herniated disc, but this pain felt more like muscle pull to the side, so I started rehabbing it today. This morning I did 4 sets of 15 good mornings.

And tonight I did
    squat 265x5,5,3,1 (back started feeling sketchy on the last set of 5 so I stopped at 3. took a step back then came back in, intending to knock out two more....1 was enough.
    Bench 192.5x5,5,5
    deadlift, 45x25
    95x15,15,15
    chins +15 lbs 8,8,8

Body weight 218

Default Hope I'm right on back pull

if I'm wrong I should know quickly.
    my right leg has been numb from sciatica for weeks and actually seems slightly improved tonight. My body pisses me off.

starting strength coach development program
    Yep, I know the impulse well--a wee toss o' the caber can spice up an afternoon of labor.

You've probably following the advice already, but Rip and Baraki have a great article on SS rehab vs the conventional approach:
    Back Pain and Back Strength

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast