starting strength gym
Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: My next Mid-Life Crisis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have been bad on training and good on eating. Getting spherical. I can't push the sled here because it toes in and gets stuck. Dragging it would make ruts in the gravel driveway. So, I ordered some sandbags for me and the wife. We filled them and did our first workout today. Outside in the daylight, humping the sandbag up and down the hill. I think I will enjoy this. A nice change of pace and I need to do some conditioning. I hope to maintain my current squat numbers and get my deadlift back up in the mid 300's . I know that isn't anything to write home about but I need to drop some fat. I'm just not comfortable.

my Bride and I are going on a long trip in May for our 30th, and there will be lots of hiking involved. We started 'training' over the weekend and it's tiring me more than I care to admit. Lifts will suffer...

Bingley, you will be fine with those long hikes. Then you can come back and get those sweet gains again.

We did a very short, fast sandbag workout today. It makes my wife happy. It wasn't bad but I need to squat. Maybe tomorrow.

Life gets in the way. I did a sandbag workout with my wife last night. Don't know when I will get back under a bar.

PD, I ended up buying that Edge safety squat bar. Awesome piece of equipment!

PizzaDad,

I hope you don't put off lifting much longer or you will find that you have to deload a great deal. Remember your goal, when you reach my age you want to lift 50% more than I do now...or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Velazquez View Post
    PD, I ended up buying that Edge safety squat bar. Awesome piece of equipment!
    Good to hear. I dont think you will regret it. I certainly dont. It has alliwed me to get much stronger than i ever would have expected.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    PizzaDad,

I hope you don't put off lifting much longer or you will find that you have to deload a great deal. Remember your goal, when you reach my age you want to lift 50% more than I do now...or something like that.
    I can feel my body detraining. But life is really fast paced right now. There have been lots of Dr Visits and several long nights in the ER lately for some health issues my daughter has been having. And I have a contract on my old house so i am there every weekend trying to get it prepared to sell. Add that to a 1.5 hour commute and i just havnt made the time for lifting. Oh. I also have 500 apple treesnon my farm tht are in full bloom so there is some work there as well. I have squeezed in a few sandbag workouts with the wife, just to keep the hinges oiled.

I think this falls into the category of silly bullshit but it is more than nothing and i am 100 miles away from my barbell today.
    YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    That looks like an awesome workout.
    Great way to bond with the wife.
    I noticed since I started including some intense cardio, I am recovering much quicker between sets. 5 minutes seems way more than what I need now, before it didn't feel like enough.

Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast