starting strength gym
Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: My next Mid-Life Crisis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    it's funny, sometimes I find that the middle-range warm up squats feel heavier than the work sets.
    I agree. sometimes it's like that and sometimes it all feels heavy. I'm just going to tryin to run a modified LP to get myself back up to comfortably handling 275-285. I close on myself old house next week and that will mean my weekends can go to building my own place. Much better for me, and a bit less driving. Hopefully I can work the training in so it fits with the building.

Tonight when I got home, sandbag workout. 15 minute AMRAP 15 deadlifts, 12 cleans, 9 front squats 100M burden carriy. 80 lbs.

less driving is good!

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    Adam, it is an Edge fitness systems yoke safety squat bar. It weighs 45 lbs and is built like a tank.

This bar is the most important piece of equipment in my home gym. Its the only way I can squat without pain (arthritic shoulder). My others lifters use it as an assistance for and break from the low bar squat. PD is right about being built like a tank. It has been loaded to 400lbs with no problem. Let me mention the price range. Its about half (with shipping) of the more well known and more expensive SSB's. Thanks again PD!

Worked on farm yesterday and after work tonight. Came home and put on my squat shoes. Its nearly 9:45 and i have one set of squats left then deadlift.
    Ssb squat
    45x3x5
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    245x3x5

Deadlift
    135x5
    235x5
    285x5

Worked on farm yesterday and after work tonight. Came home and put on my squat shoes. Its nearly 9:45 and i have one set of squats left then deadlift.
    I'm impressed. I don't know that I'd have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Mynhier View Post
    I'm impressed. I don't know that I'd have done the same.
    Work has been intense lately. Too many irons in the fire. Finally finished with all needed work for house I am selling and we close on it tomorrow. Getting ready to start work on my Barn and my house. Its a crazy life right now, but for the time being all my kids are ok. And my marriage seems good so I’ll take what I can get. I had been lifting only 2-3 times a month most of the year. Finally, i lost a lot of muscle mass in my legs and that got my attention. I feel like i just worked too damned hard getting stronger, to let it slide like that so I am trying to get under a bar twice a week.

Saturday was almost 12 hours of loading a truck. I had 2 garages to empty out and load onto a 26 foot truck. Got everything into storage yesterday, then spent 5 hours on the farm chipping slash.
    Tonight
    SSB SQuat
    45x3x5
    95x5
    135x5
    185x5
    225x3
    255x3x5.
    skipped deadlifts since I moved so much stuff the last few days. My hip is killing me so I will probably decrease my weights for a bit just to let it stop hurting all the time. The aging body is just grand.

For clarity, I mean decrease the amount squatted to 225 and kick up the reps to 8 . Something along those lines till my hip stops bitching at me.

Press 45x3x5
    Incline dumbell press
    50x8
    60x8
    70x3x8

Tricep cable pressdown and dumbbell curls.

I wanted to lift tonight, but I was just too busy.

YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    I wanted to lift tonight, but I was just too busy.

YouTube
    I like the camera angle that starts around 5:30. With that ridge in the background, you know you're in Virginia.

Page 48 of 84 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast