starting strength gym
Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: My next Mid-Life Crisis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaDad View Post
    The DOMs today were epic. I was wearing pain pants all day long.
    I've been right there with you all week long, trying to get back in the groove after a planned 2-week break. Just in time for one more workout tomorrow, then another planned week away. This year seems to be one DOMS training cycle after another.

Yeah, it seems like it’s harder to be consistent and that the effects of sporadic training are harder on me as I age.
    Did sandbag/kettlebell workout this morning. I felt like I needed to sweat and get fresh air. Gonna jump back on the weights tomorrow.

I'm finding it real hard to be consistent. Had M/W/F working nicely but now that I'm commuting 3 days per week it's hard to find that 3rd day at home with a day of rest in between

Edited because it was a stupid question. Sorry. Maybe this can just be removed?
    Last edited by dalan; 08-09-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Now I want to know the question.
    I have been commuting for a couple months. Every other week we are in the office. It allows them to split us up into two teams giving more distance between us at work. And if one team comes down with the Fu Mon Flu, the other team might not.
    We have a great gym at work but I expect them to close it back down again. I will just have to figure out what I am gonna do when that happens. I am trying to get two training sessions in a week. Thats it. The rest of the week I just have so much going with work and the house that I cant even think about anything else.

I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to clutter your log with bullshit. It was just about the commute, which you answered. When I read it I was already irritated from driving all day myself so I wondered. Thanks for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by dalan View Post
    I'm sorry man, I didn't mean to clutter your log with bullshit. It was just about the commute, which you answered. When I read it I was already irritated from driving all day myself so I wondered. Thanks for understanding.
    No worries man. The back and forth and sharing of little bits of real life is what I love about this forum. Lots of us can’t always get our training dialed in. Work is a bitch. The wife or girlfriend is a pain in the ass. Or worse. They get sick and we are worried about them and stop worrying about ourselves. I have been there. My commute is long. 180 miles round trip. So glad we are only back to every other week. Grateful that I was able to keep working remotely during the quarantine.
    I get a lot of motivation from you guys when I’m just not able to fit a session in. And it’s always nice to know that I am not the only one who can’t do it all.

For sure. Life has a way of getting in the way sometimes. We just do what we can during those times. As seriously as we take training, in the end it's just a hobby. It doesn't pay the bills. Dammit.

Amen, brother

starting strength coach development program
    Life is why we do this.

Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast