108.9kg

Weight (kg) x Sets x Reps

HBBS:
    40 x 2 x 5
    55 x 1 x 3
    67.5 x 1 x 3
    80 x 1 x 2
    92.5 x 3 x 5

Form notes -> felt good. I noticed that my knees were slightly sliding forward on reps 4 and 5 of my 1st and 2nd set (especially on rep 5 of my 2nd set). My knees had a slight dull pain while resting between sets 1 and 2 and between sets 2 and 3. I'm assuming this is due to the knee slide and this will probably get worse if I dont fix the knee slide. I did focus on keeping my knees in place for set 3 and my knees felt pretty ok after that set.

Press:
    20 x 2 x 5
    27.5 x 1 x 3
    35 x 1 x 3
    40 x 1 x 2
    47.5 x 3 x 5

Form notes -> felt good.

Deadlift:
    60 x 1 x 5
    80 x 1 x 3
    95 x 1 x 3
    107.5 x 1 x 2
    122.5 x 1 x 5

Form notes -> my lower back was fried after my 2nd set. It felt like I had a severe "pump" in my lower back (similar to what the bros feel when they train their biceps). I may have been slightly hyperextending my lower back on my warm ups which could have contributed to the tightness. I just took a longer rest in between sets to give my back a chance to relax and it seemed to do the trick. In terms of my work set, reps 1,2 and 3 felt good. On the 4th rep, I stupidly tried using a different cue in my head which prevented me from fully setting my lower back. My 5th felt good. My lower back is feeling very slightly stiff this morning. After Friday, I'll start alternating deads with DB rows so that should give my lower back a better rest.

Single arm DB rows:
    15 x 1 x 5
    25 x 1 x 3
    30 x 1 x 3
    35 x 1 x 2
    40 x 3 x 5

Form notes -> my lower back was fried after deadlifts so I had to take my time with my warm ups. Working sets felt good. My shoulders feel really good this morning. I have a bit of DOMS in my upper back (since this was the first time in a while that I did a full rowing workout). I'll start alternating between rows and deads next week.

Next week:
    I'll be hitting 2 PRs on HBBS so I'm excited about that.
    I'll start alternating between deadlifts and single arm dumbbell rows and do chins after deadlifts (I'll add in cleans eventually, I just want to keep my shoulders healthy).
    I'm starting to microload on bench.
    I'm upping my calories to at least 6000 cals 5 times per week with at least 5000 cals 2 times per week. My first cheat meal is a large pizza on Thursday evening.

I'll log this now in case I won't this evening

BW:
    109.5kg

I should clarify that I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom and take a shower.
    Last edited by SS2016; 05-24-2017 at 07:52 AM.

BW:
    109.3kg

I'll be posting progress updates every 2nd Thursday so as to keep my compliance and motivation in check.

2 week progress
    BW: 104.4kg -> 109.3kg (+4.9kg)
    HBBS: 75kg -> 92.5kg (+17.5kg)
    Press: 42.5kg -> 47.5kg (+5kg)
    Bench: 77.5kg -> 82.5kg (+5kg)
    Deadlift: 100kg -> 122.5kg (+22.5kg)

BW:
    110.9kg
    Note -> I had a pizza yesterday (around 5500 cals for the day) which had 20g of salt. Considering I've only been having 1-2g of salt per day, I'm assuming the pizza led to a big increase in water retention which increased my BW.

HBBS:
    40 x 2 x 5
    55 x 1 x 3
    67.5 x 1 x 3
    80 x 1 x 2
    95 x 3 x 5

Form notes -> felt good. Didnt notice any knee slide and had no knee pain after the sets. On my last 2 sets, I really focused on getting a good bounce out of the hole, but I dont know if I was relaxing in the hole as I had no video. Will check on Sunday.

Bench:
    20 x 1 x 5
    30 x 1 x 5
    47.5 x 1 x 3
    62.5 x 1 x 3
    72.5 x 1 x 2
    83 x 3 x 5

Form notes -> started microloading. The weight flew up, felt very easy. In fact, it was my easiest benching session since I restarted LP.

Deadlift:
    60 x 1 x 5
    80 x 1 x 3
    95 x 1 x 3
    107.5 x 1 x 2
    125 x 1 x 5

Form notes -> felt good overall. My 3rd rep felt a bit sloppy. My 5th felt really good, however.

Chins:
    BW x 2 x 6.5
    BW x 1 x 6

Form notes -> felt very difficult with no form breakdown. I don't know if it was due to being fatigued from the other 3 exercises, due to training late at night, having a bad night sleep or the increase in BW.

I'm pretty pissed off as the floor in my gym is slanted which is only properly noticeable for deadlifts, but is mentally throwing me off for squats (the weight is light now, I'll see how I feel in a few weeks). I went to view other gyms this past week and their floors are also slanted which is annoying.
    I ordered a larger belt for myself back in February which I was told would take 2-6 weeks. I got no call/text so after 6 weeks, I went in to ask if it came in. It didnt (of course) but they said they would make sure it was in soon. I forgot about the belt for a few weeks when I wasn't taking my training seriously due to study so I forgot about the belt. Didn't get any text/call. I went in yesterday to see if they had it and it didnt come in. They said they would reorder it. I'm pretty fucking annoyed at this point.
    Last edited by SS2016; 05-26-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Forgot to log yesterday

BW:
    111.8kg

BW:
    111.3kg

I'm a little bit concerned about the weight gain. From January to April, I was consistently 108-110kg (bar a 2 week period where I went down to 105kg). Maybe my body just got re-accustomed (if that's even a word), to the high calorie diet and responded by getting me back up to my usual BW? I'm assuming that's bullshit, however.

HBBS:
    40 x 2 x 5
    52.5 x 1 x 3
    67.5 x 1 x 3
    82.5 x 1 x 2
    ***97.5 x 3 x 5*** PR

Form notes -> felt good. On my last rep of set 1 and 2, the bar got too far in front of my mid foot coming out of the hole which was annoying. Other than that, I was really happy. This was the weight about 3 years ago where I realised the extent of my lower back injury. My back was in serious pain after the first 4 reps and I had to stop lifting immediately after that set. This morning, my back was pretty sore (this happens randomly - dont know what sets it off). Mentally, it feels great that after squatting this weight, my back feels 100 times better than this morning, considering how much agony my back was in 3 years ago.

Press:
    20 x 2 x 5
    27.5 x 1 x 3
    35 x 1 x 3
    42.5 x 1 x 2
    50 x 3 x 5

Form notes -> felt really good. One or 2 reps were a little bit slow, but other than that, I felt pretty strong. It felt easier than 47.5kg. My best press was 56kg x 3 x 5 back in February so I've still got a long way to go to get there, but I'm feeling pretty happy with press atm. I'll start microloading for press.

Single arm dumbbell rows:
    15 x 1 x 5
    25 x 1 x 5
    30 x 1 x 3
    37.5 x 1 x 2
    42.5 x 3 x 5

Form notes -> felt easy
    Last edited by SS2016; 05-28-2017 at 05:59 PM.

BW:
    112.1kg

BW:
    110.0kg

I went out yesterday evening with the intention of having 2 or 3 drinks for 1-2 hours. I ended up staying out until 2am. Fortunately, I didn't drink too much, I didnt stay out too late and got about 5-6 hours of good sleep. Unfortunately, I was pretty dehydrated this morning, was a bit hungover, didnt get enough food yesterday, didnt get my planned McDonald's and my body weight was down about 2kg.

Weight(kg) x Sets x Reps

HBBS:
    40 x 2 x 5
    55 x 1 x 3
    70 x 1 x 3
    85 x 1 x 2
    ***100 x 3 x 5*** PR

Form notes -> I recorded my sets and will post a form check tomorrow. On my first set, I went way too deep and lost both lumbar and thoracic extension. I cut my depth on sets 2 and 3 which felt a lot easier, but were still hard (mainly due to drinking the night before). Reps 2 and 3 of set 3 were about 0.5-1inch too high which was frustrating. This is the first time in about 2 weeks since I've recorded my squat form. I need to adjust to cutting off my reps a bit higher.

Form check -> x - YouTube

Bench Press:
    20 x 1 x 5
    30 x 1 x 5
    50 x 1 x 3
    62.5 x 1 x 3
    75 x 1 x 2
    85 x 3 x 5

Form notes -> I'm really mad after this. I didnt have my usual spotter with me so I had to ask random people in the gym to spot me. As the weight is pretty light, I only need a spotter to unrack the weight for me, I won't fail any of my sets for the next few weeks. Last time I got a spot, it went really well. This time, it was an unmitigated disaster. I told the first guy - "I only need help with unracking the weight, so after 3,2,1,go, unrack the bar." He ended up barely helping with the unracking. The first guy kept putting his hands under the bar during the concentric portion of the lift, even though I was a powering through it, which was really off putting. He went into another part of the gym so I had to ask another guy to spot me. I effectively repeated the same instructions to this guy. He actually helped with unracking the weight which was good. However, he held his hands under the bar during the concentric portion of the lift (like the last guy), but put his fingers on the bar for the last 2 reps. On the 4th rep, he lightly touched it during the last 1/4 of the rep. On the 5th rep, he put his fingers on it during the last 1/3 of the rep. I was pretty mad, but I just thanked him for his help. Luckily, he left after he spotted me. Then I asked another guy, who was squatting in the rack beside me. When he stood behind the bench, he said to me "are you training chest?". This is was a pretty bad sign. I then noticed that he was wearing black, fingertip-less gloves. Another bad sign. I altered my instructions to him - "I just need help with unracking the bar so after 3,2,1,go, unrack the bar. Also, this set should be easy, so I dont need any help during the set. So dont touch the bar, please". It was phrased fairly politely. So, he ended up not unracking the weight at all. He threw his head directly over my head, so I ended up making eye contact with him throughout the set (I usually focus on one point on the ceiling directly over my head). During the last 1/2 of my first rep, he put his hands on the bar. I shouted at him (but not in a too angry/aggressive manner) - "Don't touch the bar". He then proceeded to keep his hands under the bar for the rest of the reps, and put his hands on the bar on my fifth rep, even though it was going up quickly. I thanked him for his help. Then I just tried my best to move on to deadlifts as quickly as possible. As I was getting my plates together, I saw him squatting. He wrapped his hand towel over the black, cushiony pad and half squatted 75kg. Another bad sign. In terms of actual form, I ended up digging my head into the bench on 1 or 2 reps due to being distracted by these dipshits. The descent seemed pretty even, which is positive.

Deadlifts:
    60 x 1 x 5
    80 x 1 x 3
    95 x 1 x 3
    110 x 1 x 2
    127.5 x 1 x 5

Form notes -> I recorded my set but the memory on my phone ran out, so I only saw the first 3 reps so I won't bother posting the form check. I was squeezing my chest up pretty aggressively but my lumbar wasn't in full extension. On Sunday, I'll focus on contracting my lumbar erectors a little more, I don't want to go into hyperextension by contracting too tightly.

Chins:
    BW x 8
    BW x 7
    BW x 6.75

Form notes -> felt good, considering how tired I was. My eyes were parallel to the pullup bar on my last rep of my last set which was frustrating.
    Last edited by SS2016; 05-31-2017 at 09:22 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    BW:
    112.5kg

I hydrated myself well yesterday (about 3-4 litres of milk + at least 1.5l of water in the gym) which probably caused my BW to climb back up

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast