starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spencer's Log

Default Spencer's Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Decided to start a training log in the hopes I would eat more knowing there are actually people seeing my progress. I'm a 19 year-old underweight male at 5'8 and around 165lbs. I've been lifting weights since middle school but only fairly recently actually started training. I'm a sophomore in college and during the semester I also like to train Brazilian jiu-jitsu 3-4 times a week.

I've been told my numbers are a bit strange but as far as I know I'm running the LP correctly now so it is what it is. Feel free to berate me for not eating enough, that is my biggest issue.

6/13/2017

Squat: 325lbs 3x5

Press: 100lbs 3x5

Weighted Chins: 235lbs(BW + 70lbs) 3x5

Everything felt good today.

I don't think people will berate you for trying. We may tease you. But I don't see any reason even to do that. But I do encourage you to eat well and get enough sleep. You aren't fully grown yet. When you reach 30 and still only weigh 165 that is a problem. Just do the program and it will work out. Go see a Starting Strength coach from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    I don't think people will berate you for trying. We may tease you. But I don't see any reason even to do that. But I do encourage you to eat well and get enough sleep. You aren't fully grown yet. When you reach 30 and still only weigh 165 that is a problem. Just do the program and it will work out. Go see a Starting Strength coach from time to time.
    Thanks. Will do.

Hey Spencer,

I have a lack of appetite from my adderall prescription and a fast metabolism. I don't know if my situation is similar to yours. When I'm having trouble getting enough food in, I take a 1/3 gallon of milk and mix 3 Carnation Breakfast Essential powder mixes in (Adds up to around 1,200 calories). It's easy to stomach (for me) and since it's liquid it digest easily so you don't feel full and can eat more. It has a lot of sugar though, so I like to drink it close to a training session. You could use casein powder or some other powder that dissolves in milk, I guess.

If you do use this, make sure you drink it within ~12 hours. I mixed a whole gallon once and in a day I had milky yogurt. Not sure of the exact mechanism, but adding the mix to the milk accelerates the fermentation or maybe it helps the milk fat aggregate.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by deludeddrummer View Post
    Hey Spencer,

I have a lack of appetite from my adderall prescription and a fast metabolism. I don't know if my situation is similar to yours. When I'm having trouble getting enough food in, I take a 1/3 gallon of milk and mix 3 Carnation Breakfast Essential powder mixes in (Adds up to around 1,200 calories). It's easy to stomach (for me) and since it's liquid it digest easily so you don't feel full and can eat more. It has a lot of sugar though, so I like to drink it close to a training session. You could use casein powder or some other powder that dissolves in milk, I guess.

If you do use this, make sure you drink it within ~12 hours. I mixed a whole gallon once and in a day I had milky yogurt. Not sure of the exact mechanism, but adding the mix to the milk accelerates the fermentation or maybe it helps the milk fat aggregate.

Hope this helps!
    Hey that sounds like a good way to fit in some extra calories. Thanks for the tip.

6/15/2017

Squat: 330lbs 3x5

Bench: 185lbs 3x5

Deadlift 340lbs 3x2 (Failed)

Pretty girls in the squat rack next to me so the weight moved pretty well. Failed my deadlift set horribly. I find it weird my squat is progressing fine but not my deadlift. Reset the weight? Eat more? Probably need to eat more.

6/18/2017

Squat: 335lbs 1x5

Press: 110lbs 3x5

Chins: 235lbs 3x5

Had to cut it short today. Will redo squat weight next time. Squat set felt very heavy. I feel like I'm eating a shit ton but I guess it's not enough. Need to eat more on top of GOMAD.

6/20/2017

Squat: 335lbs 3x5

Bench: 185lbs 3x5

Deadlift: 315lbs 3x5

Reset the weight a little bit on deadlift. Reaching the LP limit on my squat, at least at this bodyweight. Weighed about 167lbs this morning. Slowly gaining.

starting strength coach development program
    6/23/2017

Squat: 335lbs 3x5

Press: 115lbs 3x5

Chins: 240lbs 3x5

Need to get some 1lb plates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast