starting strength gym
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: pdubya3 (and son) journey

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    pretty safe guess that when you're driving home with more plates in your car b/c you're getting stronger you'll feel pretty damn good about deciding to get strong! Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by hondotbt View Post
    pretty safe guess that when you're driving home with more plates in your car b/c you're getting stronger you'll feel pretty damn good about deciding to get strong! Keep up the good work.
    Thank you!

Updated my setup with some rubber cow mat from Blaine's Farm and Fleet. I then arranged the room slightly filling in the more "squishy" rubber tiles around the rest of the room. I think it turned out nice and the hard rubber felt nice and secure when I did a couple test reps last night. Most importantly, I got a text from the wife this morning saying the workout room looks nice.

2017-11-19_17-13-15_686.jpg

2017-11-19_17-13-38_898 (2017-11-20T02_38_58.833).jpg

2017-11-19_17-13-11_595.jpg

I've ordered a lifting belt and I plan on giving myself a Rogue B&R 2.0 bar as Xmas gift.

Quote Originally Posted by pdubya3 View Post
    Updated my setup with some rubber cow mat from Blaine's Farm and Fleet. I then arranged the room slightly filling in the more "squishy" rubber tiles around the rest of the room. I think it turned out nice and the hard rubber felt nice and secure when I did a couple test reps last night. Most importantly, I got a text from the wife this morning saying the workout room looks nice. :cool:

I've ordered a lifting belt and I plan on giving myself a Rogue B&R 2.0 bar as Xmas gift.
    Great progress guys!

The mats look really good!

I am appreciating the lifting belt as the weights go up and are starting to get heavy! I can tell it is helping to strengthen my core like I heard it would.

You can’t go wrong with a Rogue bar!!! And I hear good things about the B&R bar. My son’s Rogue training bar came in on Friday and he has lifted every day since then. Good times!

SQT - 220x5x3
    OHP - 90x5x3
    DL - 230x5x1
    CHIN - BW+2lb 6,6,6

First workset on squat introduced doubt that I was going to complete the next 2 sets fully. I got through and actually the last set seemed to go better than first set. I believe it was a mental hurdle and needed to work through it and did. I'm going to drop the increases from 10lb to 7lb going forward.

Overhead Press went pretty well. I need to be more consistent with the timing of subtle hip action. Going to continue with 10lb increases for next session and see how it goes.

Deadlift still just doesn't feel right for me and I was trying to figure out what my issue was. After I finished the workout, I went back and watched some of Rips videos on deadlift. My setup was all wrong and I went back downstairs to practice with some warmup weight for about 5 minutes. I think this really helped and I look forward to next workout and hopefully correcting my issues.

During the workset, I also tried to do a hook grip, but I don't think I'm doing it correctly, or just wasn't used to it and I had to switch back to standard grip the last 2 reps.

Looking good....btw..the lifting belt will make a pretty substantial difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hondotbt View Post
    Looking good....btw..the lifting belt will make a pretty substantial difference.
    Yeah, I used to have one back in the day, I just had no idea where this was all heading when I got back into this a few weeks ago. My order is in, just not certain how long before I receive it. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I used to have one back in the day, I just had no idea where this was all heading when I got back into this a few weeks ago. My order is in, just not certain how long before I receive it. Looking forward to it.
    Where did you end up ordering your belt from?

Quote Originally Posted by gnelson View Post
    Where did you end up ordering your belt from?
    Went with the recommendation from the guys on the Barbell Logic Podcast.

General Leathercraft 10mm Thick – 4″ Power Lifting Belt

10mm-Power-Belt-Black.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    Went with the recommendation from the guys on the Barbell Logic Podcast.

General Leathercraft 10mm Thick – 4″ Power Lifting Belt
    Looks like a great choice! Hope you get it soon!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast