starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aaron's Novice LP

Default Aaron's Novice LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey yall. I've been doing SS Novice LP for about 3 months now. Thought it would be cool to start logging on here. Hoping it will inspire me to ride it out as long as I can.

(started program @ 165 pounds)

Current Stats:

Sex: Male
    Height: 6" 1'
    Weight: 195 pounds
    Waist: 32 inches
    Body fat %: 16%
    Current workout schedule: M-W-F 3-4:30 pm

Todays workout: (in pounds)

Squat: 280x3x5 (5min rests)

Press: 130x3x5 (6 min rests)

Chins: 9,8,7 (3 min rests)

On Fridays I usually do an extra exercise since I take the weekend off. So in light of the new video posted I did some barbell curls the bar 3x10

Been filming the main lifts to coach myself and send form checks.

Appreciate any advice.

Deadlift: 325 x 1 x 5 My one cue today was keep my chin down. Shit went out the window and I forgot... My main problem I'd say.

Bench: 177.5 x 3 x 5

Light Squat Beltless: 230 x 3 x 5 (80% of 285 which Im going to squat on Wednesday) Definitely had some knee slide. Need to focus on bending over more and sending butt back. Was trying to go slower and really control the knees. Fucking hard lol..

Squat: 285 x 3 x 5 Still need to lean over more but not let knees go so forward. Heels still raising from being on toes.

Press: 132.5 x 3 x 5 Ooowee those 5th reps were tough. More hips as usual.

Chins: 8, 7, 6 @BW 200.4 pounds

IMG_0262.jpg

Light Squat: 232.5 x 3 x 5 First rep was wack so I did 5 more. Really trying to focus on keeping my feet flat on the ground the whole time.

Bench Press: 180 x 3 x 5 It's weird how sometimes the last set feels easier than the first.

Deadlift: 330 x 1 x 5 1st time in a while pulling heavy twice in a week. Probably going to alternate that. Held the last rep as long as I could to build that grip over the weekend. Pretty funny how when I set the weights down my camera fell.

Welcome. Good start.

Thanks! Ive been on the Novice LP for about 3 months. Hoping it doesn't end soon. The last reps are getting hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Ferguson View Post
    Thanks! Ive been on the Novice LP for about 3 months. Hoping it doesn't end soon. The last reps are getting hard!
    You are a young man. You doubtless have some heavier lifts in you. You probably know this but as you continue to experience the inevitable struggles instead of 10 pound jumps switch to 5 lb jumps or even 2.5 lb jumps. If you fail once try the same weight a second time or in some cases a third. Go see a Starting Strength coach. If you stall after a third attempt you may well have reached you LP limit. Consult with a Starting Strength coach about your next step.

Squat: 290 x 3 x 5 These felt good. Not on my toes as much. My warm up at 230 felt heavier than the work sets. So crazy.. You never know how its gonna feel.

Press: 135 x 5, 5, 4 Missed the last rep. All good. Still felt amazing to finally press 1 plate.

Chins: 10, 7, 6 Been having some slight elbow feelings after chin ups. Tried keeping my elbows out in front like I do on press. I think it helped. I cant bring myself to film chin ups lol.. Maybe Ill start to check form since they are the only thing giving me slight pain.

BW: 195.6

IMG_0304.jpg

Well, today woke up feeling sick. Felt achy and had a sore throat stuffed and stuffed nose. Choked my breakfast down. Thought about how this is the times where it counts. I so bad wanted to stay in bed all day. But I heard the barbell logic guys in my head saying "WE TRAIN NO MATTER WHAT". So I got in there and I'm glad I did. Im tired but feel better after going. All in all a successful day.

Light squat: 235 x 3 x 5 Them feet just wont stay still. Need to focus harder.

Bench Press: 182.5 x 3 x 5

Deadlift: 335 x 1 x 5

IMG_0320.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    So I ended up being fully sick by Friday with a fever and cough. I actually did go in and try to do the workout but could not hang. Was in bed all weekend and could barely eat. Lost a little weight so I was skeptical about today. But it went OK.. Press is weaker. Not sure if I should de-load or keep hitting the same weight.

Squat: 295 x 3 x 5

Press: 135 x 3,2 130 x 3 x 3

Chins: 10, 7, 6

IMG_0337.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast