starting strength gym

Thread: Posting some numbers

Default Posting some numbers

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've been at it for about a month and haven't recorded anything so far.

Here's my results from 1 month of work. @ body weight 300 lbs, and hieght 6'8", 31 yrs old (300 lbs sounds like a lot but most people would gues I'm in the low 200's because it's spread out) I eat 5000 calories in a single meal sometimes

Squat 260
    Deadlift 305
    Bench 205
    Press 140
    All in lbs

I screwed up squat and deadlift by progressing to fast to begin and resetting cost me progress. Then I progressed too slow on those lifts which cost me progress again. also I just squatted benched and deadlifted the past 3 workouts because my gym was closed for maintenance and I got a low ceiling. my home plates weigh a lot more than the gym plates so After 3 benching workouts in a row im pretty spent and will be glad to press on Friday. Still adding 5lbs per workout to press and bench but they are both getting easier still, so I should be progressing for awhile now that I figured it out. So stupid shit really throws off the process but it's still epically fast gainz making.

Oh, I could only do 3 push-ups when I started. I was able to do 18 right after benching 205 yesterday.

Pull ups seemed to be an impossible feat but last time I hung from a pull up bar I managed to achieve some upward movement which gave me some hope.

Anyway are those the numbers that we would expect from a 300 lb giant?
    Last edited by Kuanball; 04-26-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Welcome. To your question: Yes for one month. Based upon your progress you are doing fine.

Thanks for the encouragement, it is kind of hard to tell since lifters are so diverse. It's really just a personall thing, but there's an urge to compare.