starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glenn's Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I was feeling under the weather this weekend, have done little stretching, and none of anything else other than frisbee. I did walk the golf course this afternoon.

Lifts out of order due to laziness for changing the plates on the bar.

OHP 50x5 (3) Feels like a better movement than it used to...more...smooth.
    Squat 75x5 (3) a little tightness in knees, but not bad
    Deadlift 75x5

Default 5/23

I did squats 85x5 (3)
    Deadlift 85x5 and
    Bench 55x5 (3)

The squats felt better, even if my knees sound like a creaky door in an old radio mystery show

I did some mobility and stretching today, walked around the block, as I was pressed for time. As I'm getting my habits built back up, after Friday's workout, I'm going to also increased the pressing movements by 10 lbs for a little bit, until the weight feels like it's getting more substantial.

Just wanted to say you're off to a good start. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Just wanted to say you're off to a good start. Keep it up.
    Thank you!

OHP 55x5 (3)
    Squat 95x5 (3)
    Deadlift 95x5

I will increase by 10s on the presses for a two week cycle, perhaps longer, before going back to 5s.

Back was stiff but I still lifted. Felt better as I went on. As ever one warmup set or exercise.

Squat 105x5 (3)
    Bench 65x5 (3)
    Deadlift 105x5

Today is a holiday in America and I never had doubt that I'd workout. It might sound trite, but I think making it impossible to fail early on is a big factor in making it every day. It's been an insane period of time with my wife and myself professionally and our son having lots of functions but still we get through it. And I lift. Things should be easier next week - wife and son not in school.

Squats feel a good weight on shoulders, deadlift feels really light. OHP will likely hit the wall before too terribly long. The squats got easier as I did the next set. Eight workouts in a row now. I feel like I'm being consistent and building good habits. No walking/extras until next week when wife and son out of school.

Squat 115x5 (3)
    Deadlift 115x5
    OHP 65x5 (3)

I had a cheat day on my diet, and came sorta close to not getting this workout done. That said, I couldn't not do it. I don't know for sure, but I don't think I've ever squated 125 for 5 reps. I'm pretty sure I've not. I went higher when testing a 1RM earlier this year, but...while I tihnk I'll keep going a while now, I like the feel of the weight (feels a lot heavier first set than third). The Deadlift is absurdly easy, but I'm going to stay on my routine with it. The bench also is still pretty easy, but the OHP is going to be the first victim.

Squat 125x5 (3)
    Deadlift 125x5
    Bench 75x5 (3)

Had the day off while watching my kid. My wife is a teacher, and she had to go to school and he didn't. I walked the golf course, did some stretching but not much.

Squat 135x5 (3) First set tougher again. If this didn't set a 5-Rep PR, but it equaled it or set it, I reallyt can't recall where I stopped on my test for !RM earlier this year. I suspect I'll keep going a while but am not positive. I've done little squatting in my life, so, when I was in middle school, a schoolmate said I was gonna mess up my knees bc I leaned too far forward, and, not having a mentor, I switched to leg press. So, Wednesday will for sure be a PR for 5 reps.
    Deadlift 135x5 Very easy and smooth.
    OHP 75x5 (3) I've done this weight before, and am pretty sure I've never done more than that in OHP. I changed the increment back to 5 lb for this. It was a lot harder than 65, but still went up no worries, final set the strongest.

10 workous in a row!!
    Last edited by Glennjamin Gluttons; 06-06-2018 at 08:58 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Congrats on making it 10 workouts in a row. Keep up the hard work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast