Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Better and Better, Stronger and Stronger

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    #hardcore

You still working with SSOC?
    Yes sir! One of the best training decisions I've made. I really needed a lot more technique and programming feedback than I was willing to admit.

We all do, man. I use Andy Baker's online barbell club--poor man's version of SSOC. It's not the level of personalized feedback as you'd get, but it's still pretty damn good. And the programming is awesome for intermediate lifters.

But if I were doing NLP again, I would definitely go with SSOC or an in person SSC coach. You'll never make gains like you'll make in NLP. Might as well try to maximize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Yes sir! One of the best training decisions I've made. I really needed a lot more technique and programming feedback than I was willing to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    We all do, man. I use Andy Baker's online barbell club--poor man's version of SSOC. It's not the level of personalized feedback as you'd get, but it's still pretty damn good. And the programming is awesome for intermediate lifters.

But if I were doing NLP again, I would definitely go with SSOC or an in person SSC coach. You'll never make gains like you'll make in NLP. Might as well try to maximize them.
    Yeah man I was in there for about 2 months and remember you from there. I joined when I thought I hit the NLP wall. But when I kept seeing all these success stories of people getting their squat up, I knew I must have done something wrong. And here I am doing much better!

I remember you now. You made a good call. Look forward to following your progress.

Hardcore, indeed. I think many would've called it a night after puking on the first set. Good work and rock on! How were you paired up with your coach on SSOC?

New log here

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by j.r. View Post
    Hardcore, indeed. I think many would've called it a night after puking on the first set. Good work and rock on! How were you paired up with your coach on SSOC?
    You fill out a length survey about your training history and goals. They pair you with someone who is familiar with your demographic and training goals. It's very thorough and effective.

A big advantage to SSOC though is that all the coaches talk to each other. If my coach has been unsure about a problem he's unfamiliar with, he'll ask other coaches for their input. So you really get all of their input, in a way.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678