starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ken's Barbell Prescription

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Belts are very helpful I use them on Squat and Deadlift. Some have trouble with them on Deads and occasionally they did into my ribs but it's so rare that I just lower the belt a smidge and progress. I often wear it on bench and press as well. Have you contacted a starting strength coach yet?

Just curious: How do you calculate .636 on the press weights?

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Belts are very helpful I use them on Squat and Deadlift. Some have trouble with them on Deads and occasionally they did into my ribs but it's so rare that I just lower the belt a smidge and progress. I often wear it on bench and press as well. Have you contacted a starting strength coach yet?

Just curious: How do you calculate .636 on the press weights?
    I noticed a huge difference on the squat and deadlifts with the belt with the working set weights I'm at now! I have a 3" belt and it happens to fit nicely right in between my ribs and my hips (not a lot of room to spare, though).

On the press, I don't have fractional kg plates, but I do have a set of fractional pound plates (I tried to order a set of the fractional kg plates from the guy on this forum but he never responded to my PM), so this is 1.25 pounds on each side of the bar, 2.5 pounds = 1.136kg. I had 20kg bar, with 12.5 kg standard kg plates (5kg and 1.25kg on each side) and then 1.136kg of my fractional pound plates.

Good calculations. I would find myself getting confused.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Good calculations. I would find myself getting confused.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I usually calculate my warmup / WS plate loading ahead of time in my training log book with a calculator and sometimes draw out a little picture of the plate loading on one side of the bar .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12