starting strength gym
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Young "master" novice log.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    That's awesome about the meet! Are you going to start an intermediate log now?

J.R., Positron, MikeyD: Thanks all for your kind words!

Regarding meet prep, there's not likely to be much to it: I'm at best a verrrry early intermediate, so programming will change little or not at all, other than the last 7-14 days. Really this is just to get an established total, however low that might be.

Regarding intermediate log: I have planned to, but have been "running out" this LP. I think I may just call it done on Friday, after one more shot at Press and Deadlift. Which means I'll do a "pivot week" next week (amounting to a significant volume deload), followed by the beginning of something similar to Texas Method the week of 24 September. So I'd say, expect me to disappear from this log thread for a bit (unless I post my Pivot Week stats), then reemerge on the Intermediate thread.

W14D3:

LP's final end.

Squat: 275x3x3, then 315x1, 365x1, 365x1.

Deloaded even further, volume-wise. My body is finally starting to come out from under the cloud of overtraining, so I did a couple of heavier singles. I think pivot-week stands a chance of looking good next week.

Press: 185x3x5

Five triples again, smooth, no drama. 5lb jump again, this time on purpose.

Deadlift: 411x5

Brought my microplates and made it 411 on purpose this time. Realized the other day, when I failed, that I was standing on a 3/4-inch platform, but the plates were on the floor. So technically I did deficit deadlifts that day.

In any event: Yes, deadlift is still moving. Yes, press is still moving. Technically, even deadlift is moving. But every lift has had at least one fail, and every lift is on special protocols of some kind (triples, light days, et cetera), and I'm at a point where I'm not recovering by the next workout (which is definitional of Intermediate in the SS paradigm) ... so at this point, the amount of intensity-increase I can achieve in Intermediate program versus LP is basically a wash. This will be, therefore, the last workout-post of this log.

Likely I will drop one more post here with a link to my intermediate log for those who wish to track.

Blessings all, and thanks for your encouragement.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314