starting strength gym
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Young "master" novice log.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    You could focus on the outer edge of the platform. I do that.

Heading out on a road trip tomorrow, which will make training "interesting."

First part of that: I did half of tomorrow's workout tonight, while my wife did her SS NLP work.

No videos tonight.

Pull-ups, 55 lbs, 5 triples. 55 lbs was hard; I think this was my last 5lb jump. Time to microload.

Bench: 249x5x3.

Comments: Nothing much of note, except: On bench press, I notice I get some lower biceps stress on the eccentric loading phase of the lift. This isn't a complaint; just an observation.

Tomorrow morning I'm heading in for squats and a set of deadlifts before I have to hit the road. Here's some great news: During the road trip, we're scheduled to meet with Joyce Luke (SSC) of Luke Barbell in Austin, Texas for some form work. Wife and I will get a good set of eyes and hands on us in person. I'm excited.

Getting training from a certified SSC is always of great value. Good plan.

Second part of the workout:

Squat: 305x5x3

DL: 355x5

Still feeling good. Only one video, of Deadlift: YouTube

Aaaaand off to the road trip!

More road trip weirdness: found a gym right by my hotel on the west end of DFW. Got Friday's presses and rows done today:

Press: 160*5*3
    Pendlay: 225*3*3: Triples at higher weight rather than 3*5 at 203 due to some weird equipment limitations. I'll carry on at 205*5*3 next time these come up, which will be back at my home gym.

I'm afraid that your head is going to snap off and roll down your back. Get into the habit of staring at the edge of the platform.

Nah, it's attached. I'm good. :P

I'll try to remember next week. I was working on other form stuff this time, and forgot about my head.

Traveling shenanigans continue. Today: got my third round of squats for the week done, as well as pull ups and bench (only +1 lb, from 249 to 250, but I wanted to guarantee success).

Squat: 310*5*3, challenging but felt strong
    Pull-ups: 57.5 lbs*3*5 (triples still, not fives)
    Bench: 250*5*3

Comments: Some bro came to let me know after my first set of warmup squats at 135 that my upper body was leaning way too far forward and I was going to snap myself up. I let him know that his advice was spot on for an Olympic squat, but I'm doing low-bar. But what got him to leave was how HARD my wife rolled her eyes at him as she was setting up for her first low-bar set.

Good times at a gym I'll likely never see again.

I wonder if the bro could do 310. I wonder why people don't just do their own stuff unless they are asked for advice?

starting strength coach development program
    Tried to edit today's post for spelling, but somehow deleted the whole thing.

The short of it:

Squat, 315*5*3
    Press, 162*5*3
    Deadlift, 360*5

A video of the squat is on my YouTube channel for any who care to look, but I'm typing on my phone and can't be bothered to do the weirdness required to link from this device.

Looks like I'll not get another Progression workout until Friday. Not yet sure how I'll deal with that.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast