starting strength gym

Thread: Malik's Training Log

Default Malik's Training Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    17 year old ex-football player, ran an LP starting towards the end of the FB season last year (September-December,) then somehow lost all of my gains over the course of January 2018. Spent the next few months not knowing what the hell to do next. I jumped from program to program (ran another shitty LP for about a month, 5/3/1, The Bridge, then 5/3/1 again) and finally decided to do something about my problems. So now I'm running a 4 Day Texas Method Split (have been since May), and this is a log of me on a journey to get back to where I was last year, and then some.

Stats:
    Male, 5'8", 275

Best Lifts:
    420x1 Squat
    270x1 Bench
    445x1 Deadlift
    205x4 Press

6/11/2018

Press Volume
    185x5x3, x4, x4, x1, x1

LTE (lying tricep extensions)
    72x10x3

My press has been in a hole ever since I moved out of state for the summer. Figure the reason is b/c I didn't do a proper reset after missing a week the week after I left. Still gonna go & gun for a 200x5 press on Thursday, if I don't get it I suppose I'll just do an actual reset. Also wondering if there's something wrong with my technique. Also, the commercial gym I'm currently training at is always busy, so I feel like I'm not getting as long of rest times in between sets. All things I need to learn how to either adapt to or fix.

You are a strong young man. Be happy with it. Most 17 year old people wouldn't even try what you have done. Be patient. Things will work out.

I remember enough of my teen years to remember how impatient I was. Some say I still am. But look, you have jumped around more programs than most people do in 10 years. Stick with LP for a few months and see what happens. Reset when necessary until you can't reset then try another program.

I gather that you were a lineman. 5'8" at 275 is quite heavy. Check with a certified SS coach perhaps online to see what he thinks.

Yeah, was indeed a lineman lol. I'm working my way down the scale though (trying to at least). And thanks for the kind words & good advice!