• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mondays workout...

SQ: 235*3*5
    BE: 162.5*3*5 PR
    PC: outta time
    Chins: (6,6,4) rep PR

Ran out of time to do cleans, had just enough to fit in chins.

Squats were pretty good. Thumbs around grip continues to help my elbow at the expense of my wrists. So far the trade off is worth it. On some reps my depth was borderline, I need to focus on this tomorrow.

I continue to finish my bench sets when I think I'm done. The third set was actually the easiest, which I think is due to better use of my legs.

Considering adding weight to chins and doing 3*5 once a week and BW AMRAP once a week. Progress has been real slow recently with the current approach. Dunno, will give this method a couple of more weeks first and see how we go.

starting strength coach development program
    Everything back to PRs!

SQ: 240*3*5
    PR: 127.5*5*3
    DL: 285*5

I feel like I got my knees forward better on the squat this week. Also went back to thumbs over grip, bearing in mind the cue offered in the recent barbell logic podcast "feel the weight on your back". Elbows and wrists are feeling pretty good. Will see how this goes. The main concern is making sure it's hip drive on the way up. It doesn't look awful to my eye, but I think it needs work.

The first set of press was close to failure. Weirdly, they got easier and easier...sets 4 and 5 went up fast. Can only attribute that to better form, although I'm sure it can still be improved.

Deadlift was ok. Bar speed is pretty fast, but still letting form slide towards end of set when I get tired.

Overall squat and deadlift need some coaching. Will see someone in a couple of weeks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456