starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS novice LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey, glad you're still at it, and putting in the PCs. I finally did that last week; I'm horrible at them but hey.

You make your way up until bar speed slows perceptibly but before it outright stops, then do your sets at that weight. RPE is not a factor for programming in SS that I know of. It's a tool, but not a programming tool, as I understand it.

Also remember PCs are 5 sets of 3, not the other way around! I learned that the hard way last week.

Thanks for the tip! As for RPE - i'm just getting familiar with how my body reacts to training. That rate has nothing to do with progressing through weights - still +2.5 kg every session

Food poisoning forced me to take a break - still feeling weak and broken. Will be off until next week at least until doc gets the results.

So after getting back to gym i was lucky enough i did not regress much from last training. Continued LP for previous weeks and ended up at:
    SQ: 125
    BP: 90 + 80
    OHP: 60 + 50
    DL: 135

Since it was my second reset and i feel that next session i will fail SQ or DL i decided to move to intermediate program - Texas Method. For now i will remove PC and substitute that with DL variation or plain DL.

Brother, you've been on LP for under 7 weeks, and were sick in there, too. Reset for reason of illness doesn't count. Reset for reason of form doesn't count. By my count, you've done zero resets.

Also, are those weights in pounds, or kilos? Because unless you've got some major systemic body injury, I refuse to believe you're done with Novice stage at 135lbs deadlift, unless you yourself weigh 90 lbs or less. Which would be a great weight for you if you are three and a half feet tall. Now if it's kilos, maybe, since that would be 297 lbs.

I think you've got more in the tank, mate.

What's your height and weight again? If you're non-obese: have you gained at least 5 kilos (11lbs) on LP?

AH yes I see; it's all metric. You're basically 6 feet tall, and started out at 231 lbs. Has any of that changed? Gone up or down? Because it's really hard to believe you're done with novice phase in less than 7 weeks, is what I'm saying. Something is missing here.

starting strength coach development program
    Hi,

weight is constant through entire training cycle around 105kgs. Reason to move to another training program is simple: last session i almost failed squat - i literally grinded last rep for 6 seconds... This is not first time i had issues during squat and on top of that i feel that weight is shifting sideways when i go up. This is clearly indication that it is time to move to weekly progression instead of every session. Now i know that people like to reset a lot while being on LP...but reset makes LP void since it is no longer linear progress. So instead of doing everything i can to keep appearances of LP it is best to move up. I really enjoyed this program but for some people LP ends earlier so no point fighting it Now the fun begins since there are a lot of intermediate programs so i can try them out

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12