starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kevin's SS training log (insert witty title here)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    The typical way we think of weight loss is don't worry about it until you reach the end of your novice progression or the end of Linear Progression. 200-220 is not excessive for a male at 5'9". Are you near the end? When you start the intermediate section then try some ways to cut while still gaining strength. Check the nutrition section of this forum for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    The typical way we think of weight loss is don't worry about it until you reach the end of your novice progression or the end of Linear Progression. 200-220 is not excessive for a male at 5'9". Are you near the end? When you start the intermediate section then try some ways to cut while still gaining strength. Check the nutrition section of this forum for advice.
    Toward the end of my novice progression. Presses and DL are already following more HLM style programming (prescribed by a SS coach.) I just started squatting light midweek recently. I'm less concerned with the number on the scale and more concerned with the number on my tape measurer. No point in being strong if I've got to support a 40+ inch waist. It's not about razorAbz, Gunzzz, or anything like that. Simply that I've had to buy 4 different sets of clothes in the last year to accomodate the weightloss - can't afford to keep moving between sizes. If I have to slowly diet back to 195-200 and sacrifice quick gains before slowly ramping up the calories to support faster gains again that is fine.

starting strength coach development program
    Wednesday Log

Squat
    2x5 @ 265lbs

Bench Press
    5x3 @ 235lbs

RDL
    3x5 @ 275lbs

Overall easy day. Bench Press was a little challenging on the later sets but that may have been from supersetting my RDL warm up. Good day overall =)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123