• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thursday, 04. October 2018

Squat: 3x5 @ 95 kg (209 lbs)
    The Press: 3x5 @ 45 kg (99 lbs)
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 40 kg (88 lbs)

Comments:
    Wednesday was a busy day so the workout was pushed into Thursday. Last workout at the hotel gym. Tomorrow I will be back home.
    First time doing Power Cleans in the program. I had a guy who had been competing in weightlifting teach me some technique. Since I have almost never done them before (just a little bit fooling around here and there), my technique and form needs a lot of improvement, but it is not horrible either.
    Once again could not increase the weights for Squat nor Press, due to lack of 1,25 kg plates.
    Caught a little cold last night and had a running nose and a little sore throat, plus I had no breakfast. It was a morning workout and I only had a coffee before. Felt strong.

Default Week 5, Workout 3

Friday, 05. October 2018

Squat: 3x5 @ 97,5 kg (214 lbs)
    Bench Press: 3x5 @ 72,5 kg (159 lbs)
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 45 kg (99 lbs)

Comments:
    Still a bit sick. Early morning workout. No breakfast before. Just coffee. Felt decent.
    I did Power Cleans two workouts in a row. That is because I initially planned to start doing them on Bench Press days, but I forgot and got them switched on Monday. Also, due to sickness, I figured that since Deadlifts would be more exhausting for recovery, Power Cleans would make sense. And I did not have a free day to recover - last workout was yesterday. And today and tomorrow I will have some sports events as well.
    My body weight is up about 5 kg in 5 weeks. Nice.

Default Week 6, Workout 1

Monday, 08. October 2018

Squat: 3x5 @ 100 kg (220 lbs)
    The Press (seated): 3x5 @ 47,5 kg (104 lbs)
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 137,5 kg (303 lbs)

Comments:
    Still sick. Strength was decent.
    Finally got the lifting shoes I ordered about a month ago. First time ever wearing proper lifting shoes.
    Squats and Presses were hard. Deadlifts were easier than last time.

Default Week 6, Workout 2

Thursday, 11. October 2018

Squat: 3x5 @ 102,5 kg (225 lbs)
    Bench Press: 3x5 @ 75 kg (165 lbs)
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 50 kg (110 lbs)

Comments:
    Still sick. Morning workout without breakfast. Felt strong on Squats and first 2 sets of Bench Press. Power Cleans are still easy weight, but just did not feel technique today.
    Got some stuff going on, so the Mon-Wed-Fri schedule is messed up, but I will find a way to squeeze 3 workouts into every week.
    I filmed my last set of Squats for form check. Will be posting it soon.

Default Week 6, Workout 3

Sunday, 14. October 2018

Squat: 3x5 @ 105 kg (231 lbs)
    The Press (seated): 3x5 @ 50 kg (110 lbs)
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 140 kg (308 lbs)

Comments:
    Still a bit sick, but much better than several days ago.
    Squats and Deadlifts felt very heavy.

Default Week 7, Workout 1

Tuesday, 16. October 2018

Squat: 3x5 @ 107,5 kg (236 lbs)
    Bench Press: 3x5 @ 77,5 kg (170 lbs)
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 55 kg (121 lbs)

Comments:
    Been sick for 2 weeks almost. Still sore throat, but not too bad anymore. Had a nice breakfast in the morning and my shake + caffeine before the workout. It usually makes me feel strong. It did.
    Squat was good. Kept good form throughout. Last set felt heavy though. I reached a checkpoint - Never before done 3x5 with 107,5 kg or higher. In April 2018 during The Texas Method, the most I did was 5x5 with 105 kg. During that same week in April, I did 1 set of 7 reps with 120 kg, beltless. I consider that set my peak Squat performance in life so far. But I believe it is about to get crushed.
    Bench Press is getting hard. The 5th rep of 3rd set got my hands shaking and went up very slow.
    Power Cleans felt better than ever before. Since I just recently started practicing them, I need to do a lot work on my form. Today I focused on keeping my shoulders back and scapula retracted. It fixed several issues throughout the lift.

Default Week 7, Workout 2

Thursday, 18. October 2018

Squat: 3x5 @ 110 kg (242 lbs)
    The Press (seated): 3x5 @ 52,5 kg (115 lbs)
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 142,5 kg (314 lbs)

Comments:
    I still feel the last of my sore throat almost healed. Today I was on top of my mental game.
    Squat: Challenging, as it is supposed to be.
    The Press: 2nd set was shaky and felt like I might fail the 3rd set. On the 3rd set I focused on stability, and it was easier than 2nd set. But it feels like the first failed set might come the next workout, and if not, then the one after that.
    Deadlift: Easier, than several previous Deadlift workouts. Previous Deadlift workout I forgot to use chalk on my workout set, which made that fairly more challenging and this one easier.

Looks like you are having a good LP run thus far. Nice work.

I've found it helpful to post up videos periodically. Helps to address form creep, which is a thing for all of us.

Default Week 7, Workout 3

Friday, 20. October 2018

Squat: 3x5 @ 112,5 kg (248 lbs)
    Bench Press: 3x5 @ 80 kg (176 lbs)
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 60 kg (132 lbs)

Comments:
    Sickness coming back a little bit. I guess I have not been careful enough.
    Squat: Very challenging.
    Bench Press: Easier than previous workout. Last set was RPE 9, which gives me confidence that I might be successful at the next weight as well.
    Power Clean: Getting better every time.

Quote Originally Posted by misspelledgeoff View Post
    Looks like you are having a good LP run thus far. Nice work.

I've found it helpful to post up videos periodically. Helps to address form creep, which is a thing for all of us.
    Thanks! I posted my form check for squat in the technique sub-forum here two weeks ago

Default Week 8, Workout 1

starting strength coach development program
    Wednesday, 24. October 2018

Squat: 3x5 @ 115 kg (253 lbs)
    The Press (seated): 3x5 @ 55 kg (121 lbs); Actual: 4/4/3/4
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 145 kg (319 lbs)

Comments:
    I had 3 rest days in a row. I am posting this workout the next day from the actual workout. Got a little soreness in my hamstrings. Have not had that since week 1. Also had my first failed set during my 8 weeks of LP so far.
    Question: When I fail to do 5 reps on a set, should I still do just 3 sets of however many reps I get during this workout, or should I do more sets to get the 15 reps for the intended volume? I did the last one, because it seems to make more sense, but not sure.
    Squat: Felt strong.
    Press: First failed set I've had. Last set was on top of my mental game. It was a belief breaker because I got more reps than on 3rd set.
    Deadlift: Felt strong.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast