starting strength gym

Thread: 5 Years of Starting Strength and Heavy Trees

Default 5 Years of Starting Strength and Heavy Trees

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So in a couple of weeks time I'm starting a new job. Or rather I'm quitting my current job and moving back to an old employer. As such, I already know how hard the graft is and how I need to train for this.

Essentially I will be growing, moving, and planting big ass trees for a living. I'd say they weigh anywhere from 20kg to 300kg, depending on thier size. See the image for an example (not me pictured).

Now, I suffer from chronic fuckarounditis too, and this is in both my work life and my fitness training.

I've promised my wife that I'll do at least 5 years now with this tree nursery, and to see how that develops, and so I know I need to do something similar with my training.

This is a promise to you guys then, and to myself, to stick with the barbell for 5 years. Starting Strength (and programming onewards from that) will be 'tied' to this new job.

I am really hoping that by keeping a log here that I'll keep inspired and get a decent amount of support in this. I look forward to people stopping by this thread with advice!

So with that out the way, the explanation of my title, let's look at training! Cheers.

So a little about me.

In the past I have ran Starting Strength and other LP's, and I've managed to build up to a squat around the 120kg mark. At this point, either life gets in the way or I lose interest, or I decide I'm too fat and need to lose weight.

What ends up happening is I lose all my gains and end up at square one again. This needs to change.

So yes, this isn't my first run at SS, but I'm hoping to keep things going longer this time!

My beginner lifting stats you'll see over the next few posts but for now I'll show you my current liftining situation. I live on a farm, and I've set up a DIY rack in an old Luton van box. Presses I have to do outside because of the low ceiling.

I can only lift twice a week, and aim to keep my sessions down to just 1 hour, due to other commitments like work and family. I'm 27, married, and have an 8 month old boy.

Go get it man! I’ve done a 2 days a week program for a couple of years and it can be done...just have to be consistent and make sure your form is right.