starting strength gym

Thread: FlokiCNX is an obese 44 year old vegan in Thailand

Default FlokiCNX is an obese 44 year old vegan in Thailand

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • male
    • 44 years old
    • no training experience
    Last edited by FlokiCNX; 10-18-2018 at 09:57 PM.

At 44 you are still young. I did not start until I was 66. Keep up the work. You will get stronger. Are you still vegan? How much protein to you consume each day?
    Have you shown any of your videos on the technique section?
    BTW check out SS online coaching. It can be of immense value.

It's very difficult to gain strength and lose weight. It's impossible to gain strength with less than 1 gm of protein for each pound of weight. You should be consuming at least 3500 calories and 200 grams of protein each day. Consult the book. Is there a serious reason that you are eating vegan?

Check out the article on the main page today: Losing Bodyfat or Gaining Muscle Mass | Mark Rippetoe

Don't take this the wrong way, as a lot of SS detractors do. No one is endorsing obesity. The point is more muscle is better than weighing less, for longevity and a number of other reasons.

Check with the coaches on the nutrition forum to see what macros make sense for someone in your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    It's very difficult to gain strength and lose weight. It's impossible to gain strength with less than 1 gm of protein for each pound of weight. You should be consuming at least 3500 calories and 200 grams of protein each day. Consult the book. Is there a serious reason that you are eating vegan?
    that's absolutely not true but assume you don't really mean in it as you wrote it - I ( and others I am sure) have gained strength on less ( far less actually) - so, maybe go with something less absolute than " it is impossible...".
    Last edited by old guy; 10-10-2018 at 02:30 PM.

It is "almost impossible". Still that has little to do with my point. This fellow needs more protein and more calories. To each his own, I suppose.

starting strength coach development program
    btw, you don't have to list the weights in kg and lbs. ... if that's easier.

plenty of people here just log in kg.